• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [HELP] Stock Camera App not working!

I just got mg SGS2 and the camera app is not working. The first day when I got it, the camera worked. I tried to change the camera filter and it said "Camera Failed" so I thought nothing of it, as long as it took pictures that was fine with me. But then the next day I tried using it and now it doesn't want to do anything. It boots up and stay frozen at a black screen with the camera reticule/grid, and I'm in a well lit area but its just all black. The front facing camera was working though. So I turned off my phone and turned it back on thinking a reboot might help. Now not even the front facing camera works! Sometimes it will say "Camera Failed" or just stay at a black screen.

Is there anyway I can fix this? I'm on Gingerbread 2.3.6. I have never flashed anything to this phone or done any hacks to this phone, its all stock.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones