• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP!!!: Terrible Battery Life and Need Help With Juice Defender

That's about what I get with juice on. Are you using the Ultimate (Ultimate Juice) or free? Whatever happened it's good lol

You hit customize or Advanced and hit the confirm button

43hrs 49min uptime today and i have 12% left

49hrs @ 6% @9:31pm Central US

Yea, I did that, and I see the advanced settings, but it doesnt let me change any of them....also a weird thing is, my phone doesn't vibrate even though I have it set on vibrate---is there something that is overriding that setting?

Wow....49 hours, thats just TOTALLY amazing....hell, I would be satisfied with only 43 hours!!! lol

very weird... ever since saturday my battery life has changed.. usually i lose 3-4% per hour completely idle, which was fine for me.. however yesterday and today i dont even lose 1% now! it's been 3.5 hours granted my phones just been sitting there, i only made 1 call and its still 100%. I have no idea what changed, actually the only thing different is that JD isn't on anymore, hmm................

So maybe I should remove my JD to see what happens (I have the free version)

Do you guys have Startup Auditor installed? I was wondering if that app preventing alot of stuff from starting is what is boosting you guys' battery?

Uptime: 61 hours and counting!

Yeah try to get rid of it make sure u clear the App cache and redownload. I would honestly get Ultimate Juice because that is the only way to really edit the settings like i have them the free one does not let you fine tune this much.

Hate to say but maybe even a factory reset because that seemed to have boosted the shit out of my battery life.

I am running the Froyo we got a little while ago from Samsung. I was having some problems so I decided to do the three finger salute and Factory reset 3x and wiped the Cache 3x n start fresh. So far no problems. I used to have a few, the gallery would freeze, and texts would hang and not send or get stuck showing a new one is there when it is not. But that's all gone now.

And Startup auditor doesnt make a huge difference but it helps to have the DRM turned off a tiny bit so far for me its not a necessary app. It does however seem to boost start up time a bit.

Uptime: 61 hours and counting!

Yeah try to get rid of it make sure u clear the App cache and redownload. I would honestly get Ultimate Juice because that is the only way to really edit the settings like i have them the free one does not let you fine tune this much.

Hate to say but maybe even a factory reset because that seemed to have boosted the shit out of my battery life.

I am running the Froyo we got a little while ago from Samsung. I was having some problems so I decided to do the three finger salute and Factory reset 3x and wiped the Cache 3x n start fresh. So far no problems. I used to have a few, the gallery would freeze, and texts would hang and not send or get stuck showing a new one is there when it is not. But that's all gone now.

And Startup auditor doesnt make a huge difference but it helps to have the DRM turned off a tiny bit so far for me its not a necessary app. It does however seem to boost start up time a bit.

OK, so I know I sound like a complete idiot, but i am very new to Android....what is App Cache and how do I clear it?

what is a "three finger salute"? Are you saying you did a factory reset three times? What is froyo?

Im sorry bro, but can you speak in layman's terms/talk to me like I am stupid...because I have no clue what the "lingo" is...lol

OK, so I know I sound like a complete idiot, but i am very new to Android....what is App Cache and how do I clear it?
App Cache is when you go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Select the App then you will see: Force Stop, Uninstall, Clear Data, Clear Cache the last one is the App Cache (Clear Cache) I'm talking about.

what is a "three finger salute"? Are you saying you did a factory reset three times? What is froyo?
The Three Finger Salute is shut down the phone completely then hold down at the same time Volume down + Power Button + Camera Button till you see Sprint the Now Network boot up graphic start. This boots the phone into recovery mode. Here is where you flash new roms or updates that can be downloaded. And also do cache wipes and factory resets too you use the volume up/down to scroll and the home button is Enter/OK.

Yes I did a reset and cache clear 3x it is recommended when doing a clean install of custom roms to ensure old data is gone so I figured i would do it too.
(If you are going to do this make sure you write down your apps and backup your contacts or everything will be gone!!)

Froyo is a nick name for the newer version of the Android operating system or called Android 2.2 the update we had available a little while ago was Version EB13. The next one that is coming out is EC05 which is being released to fix some bugs that were in the EB13 release of Froyo. (Froyo = Android 2.2)

I know all the lingo and stuff to learn is overwhelming at first but if you want to you can learn it all in no time. I only got my phone just before New Years and I have already Custom romed and Rooted an eReader (Pandigital Novel) for my gf's friend which basically turned it into an awesome Android tablet. My phone is unrooted but I am just waiting a little longer to do that because I don't feel I need to yet. (Here's a little about rooting just in case you don't know about rooting too)

Hope that helps lol :p

Side note: Made it to 65+ Hours uptime this afternoon!!:eek:!!

^thanks o0Syn...I havent gotten a chance to look at the literature (been so busy with work), but I will as soon as I can.

On another note.....has anyone updated their phone to 2.2 using the Sprint download (not the manual root/ROM/flash) that was released last week/this weekend? If so, what improvements were made or can you notice (apps, processing time, GUI, battery life, etc)?

Back
Top Bottom