• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! Un-Root Fascinate Attempt with Mac

AndrewPaul

Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I'm new to all of this so please excuse my ignorance.

I decided to root my fascinate. After being over-whelmed and feeling in-over-my-head, I decided to un-root and give myself peace of mind.

I rooted like this: How to root your android samsung fascinate on a mac | Sterling Cobb

And I attempted to unroot with this: [PROGRAM] Updated:One Click Root/UnRoot (Mac and PC) - xda-developers

I tried unrooting with the above application. I downloaded the application and followed the instructions. I hit the un-root button and it sent an update to my sd card. My phone went to recovery mode or whatever and it told me to select update sd card. I did and I get a page with the android droid and a white triangle with yellow exclamation point. I let it sit for a few minutes and nothing happened, so I did a battery pull. I tried again and same result. I tried again but this time I did a factory reset. The factory reset went well and it is to working, so far.

My question is how can I tell that I actually unrooted my phone? And if I didn't, how can I?

Thanks!

I'm new to all of this so please excuse my ignorance.

I decided to root my fascinate. After being over-whelmed and feeling in-over-my-head, I decided to un-root and give myself peace of mind.

I rooted like this: How to root your android samsung fascinate on a mac | Sterling Cobb

And I attempted to unroot with this: [PROGRAM] Updated:One Click Root/UnRoot (Mac and PC) - xda-developers

I tried unrooting with the above application. I downloaded the application and followed the instructions. I hit the un-root button and it sent an update to my sd card. My phone went to recovery mode or whatever and it told me to select update sd card. I did and I get a page with the android droid and a white triangle with yellow exclamation point. I let it sit for a few minutes and nothing happened, so I did a battery pull. I tried again and same result. I tried again but this time I did a factory reset. The factory reset went well and it is to working, so far.

My question is how can I tell that I actually unrooted my phone? And if I didn't, how can I?

Thanks!
to check if superuser is gone just look in ur app drawer to check

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones