• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with phone

arnandtara

Android Enthusiast
If anyone can help me, it would be very Appreciated. I had this phone given to me but it doesn't work. I can get into fastboot but that's all. It has the red triangle ant wont go past it. This is the info on the fastboot screen.

ACE PVT ship S-ON RL
HBOOT-0.85.0024
RADIO-26.10.04.03_M
eMMC-boot
Apr 12 2011, 00:55:45

do a "fastboot getvar all" and post the results here,using the following directions:
first download and install these drivers: revolutionary drivers

then,download this small file:
mini-adb.zip

-unzip it,and place the unzipped folder onto the root of your C drive(not inside a folder)

-open a cmd window(with win 7,click start bubble,type "command" or "cmd" in hte search box)

-now change to your mini-adb directory(assuming you didnt chagne the name). type in the black cmd window that opened on your PC:
cd c:\mini-adb

-pull the battery in your phone for a few seconds. hold volume down,then power. hold them both until you see the white/colored writing hboot screen

-select "fastboot" from the hboot menu with the vol rocker/power button

-in your cmd window type:
fastboot devices

it should output your phones serial number. if so youre good to go. if not,youre apparently having a driver issue. i usually recomend these drivers from Revolutionary: modified htc drivers download and install the drivers(you should just have to run that file). afterwards,unplug your phone,plug it back in. make sure its in fastboot. as soon as you get a result from "fastboot devices" your ready to procede to the next step.

-in your cmd window,type(or copy/paste,is much easier):
fastboot getvar all

-copy the info that outputs here. right click in your cmd window,click mark,highlight it all in white. hit enter. paste the info here. it will help us know which ruu for you to run. :)

from your baseband and hboot,id guess you need to run this RUU:
Shipped ROMs

run it as admin with the phone in fastboot.

c:\mini-adb>fastboot devices
HT179T203982 fastboot

c:\mini-adb>fastboot getvar all
INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 0.85.0024
INFOversion-baseband: 26.10.04.03_M
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: 0438
INFOversion-main: 2.47.502.7
INFOserialno: HT179T203982
INFOimei: 357814048598315
INFOproduct: ace
INFOplatform: HBOOT-7230
INFOmodelid: PD9812000
INFOcidnum: CWS__001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4001mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: a3d4fa0f
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
INFOregion-id: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.012s

c:\mini-adb>

I've tried running it :( I must be doing something wrong, cause it doesn't do anything but say its trying to read the phone

Select fastboot from.the phones hboot menu. It iwill say "fastboot USB" when its plugged in. Run the .exe as administrator with the phone in this mode.

Ok, something is wrong. This is what I did, and the black command window popped up for a second then closed. Phone still in HBOOT and nothing happened

Ok, I don't have the correct drivers. I figured that much out, but now I need to get them:( I still get error 404 on the link you listed above

Ugh!!!!! It still don't work! :( this stinks! I can't get the ruu to run. I have the drivers, but the exe does the same thing...

No,it was the correct one. The .exe files are sometimes finicky,or you possibly had an incomplete download. There is a .zip version of the ruu that you could have installed from your sd card. You prolly installed the newer sense 3.0 update,wich is fine,but it was your last shot since its the newest firmware.
Glad you are sorted :)

Back
Top Bottom