• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with setting up 2ndary e-mail

rolltrain

I can't get my embarqmail account to set up. It tells me cannot connet to server. Anyone know the trick? This is my 2nd Hero and it was alright on the 1st phone, but I don't seem to have the touch this time. Thanks for any replies.
-Roll

Typo?

make sure the mail server name is correct. Also some mail servers recognize usernames as the full email address and not just the prefix or part before the @. It may require SSL or not just try it in both and see which works.

For anything further I would need more details...

not sure what you mean that I have to go through wifi... I have wifi on. BUt getting the same thing "cannot communicate with mail server". Is there a setting I pick to "go through wifi"?

I had to enable the wifi on my hero, connected to my wireless router and then set up my email on the hero. For some reason after I did this it has worked for me. Go on the net to make sure you have the pop3 settings correct. Some time the auto settings are wrong. Hope this works. :)

Back
Top Bottom