• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root High Display % with CM6

wcx86

I'm rooted with CM6 6.0.1

When I check my battery stats it's showing my Display % very high. It was doing this yesterday shortly after root. I'm still getting great battery life so I don't understand...should I be worried about this?

Attachments

• screenshot_11111.png
    screenshot_11111.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 57
Maybe everything else is just using very, very little battery?

Only unplugged for 35 minutes. If you had your screen on the entire time and not really doing much, that would definitely result in those readings.

That's what I was hoping!

I just rooted yesterday for the first time so I was unsure if this was normal or not.

Sorry for the crappy s/s btw. I need to make a pic hosting account and link from it.

It just reports screen usage differently. A lot of people told me Sense is doing it wrong, and the display should always be the highest, because it does use the most power.

I don't know if that's correct, but either way, it's normal to see that in CM6

Is just because htc programmed it to report differently. I forgot the actual math formula but in the end cm6 is not making your screen use more battery power then sense. AOSP roms just report the usage in a different way.

Mine is like that too on CM6 I do however get worse battery life on CM6 even with set cpu limiting the cpu

I haven't noticed any difference using CM6 compared to stock Sense 2.1 as far as battery life goes. I'm still in the same area I would be without root. I'm using Set CPU too.

Back
Top Bottom