• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

home dock with clock?

FirebirdStud

Android Enthusiast
Hi,

Im looking for a docking station for my home to put my phone on to charge, and at the same time turn it into a clock and an alarm. Does this exist?

I had a Droid X by Motorola, and they had this dock and I loved it.

Please let me know!

Thanks

Yep. I used a cheap one off Ebay and put Alarm clock Plus on. It can respond to being plugged into plain USB of the cheap docks. You can even set it to only respond the the usb being plugged in between certain times.

The official dock has the extra pin connected that tells it its in the dock to stop all that usb detecting lark. It has its own clock/alarm that responds to it. Other alarm clock programs can take over it as well if you find one you like..

Yep. I used a cheap one off Ebay and put Alarm clock Plus on. It can respond to being plugged into plain USB of the cheap docks. You can even set it to only respond the the usb being plugged in between certain times.

The official dock has the extra pin connected that tells it its in the dock to stop all that usb detecting lark. It has its own clock/alarm that responds to it. Other alarm clock programs can take over it as well if you find one you like..

That is what I was looking at doing, a cheap dock off amazon. I d/led that program and it looks nice! I may just go that route.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom