• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home/Menu buttons: light shorting out

5280ME

Feb 3, 2011
So after a little searching, I have found lots of threads about the home/menu/back/search buttons not responding, but nothing really about the lights going on and off. I can get it to do it by working the gyroscope a little (twisting the phone around), and the lights go out. Then if I give the area a good tap they come back on! Is this pretty common?

On a side note: At least I don't have my light leakage when the lights go out!! :rolleyes:

The first time I noticed it was in a completely dark room. Then last night when I noticed I could turn it on and off by rotating the phone around, I guess it could have just been picking up the dim lamp next the bed and then not seeing it as I rotated it away from the light!? It was just weird that it would go off and then come back on after I gave it a good tap!?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones