• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home replacement of choice on RAZR?

ZEAM is still my fav for it's minimalistic qualities if nothing else. It is very quick. After reading thru the thread tho I decided to try ADW and paid for the full version. I had to off load it and email the dev as it won't let me open any icons at all. I may be out my cash, hate that 15 min trial, always have. I tried rebooting several times to no avail. All other home screen launchers have always worked flawlessly so no clue what's up with ADW on my maxx, but I'm back on Zeam as it works great.

Upvote 0
Another fan of Go Launcher. I really like the agenda view in its calendar widget, which is very nicely formatted, like LauncherPro was (LP is no longer being supported/developed I think). I messed around with settings in the Agenda Widget (in the market) and never could find something pleasing.

Upvote 0
I seem to like to rotate home launchers as they all bring something to the table and are so easily changed out. So over the months I've been going between Zeam, a very minimal-istic launcher replacement with a very small footprint so it is very quick, but lacks certain options. None the less Zeam gets an A from me as it is very good in it's own way. Go-launcher has tons of add ons but they can add to the footprint and uses more space and RAM to run. It' is a great launcher tho, no question and seems to be a market favorite. Free also except for the ex version. Launcher Pro is also excellent and another one I really like, there is also a pro version unlocker to get some extra goodies. Today I'm using Launcher 7 and really like this launcher alot. Just discovered the picture hub for the home screen, don't know how I missed this feature previously. Nice launcher and worth a look. SPB's mobile shell has the biggest footprint of taking up space on your phone and while it is pretty cool , it lacks alot of stuff I like in a launcher. No options for hiding the notification bar or dock. It has a tendency to FC more than it should. Support seems to be lagging as there have been no significant updates.
My worst experience was with ADW launcher. It would never let me open any of my icons whether in a file, dock, homescreen or where ever. I emailed the dev twice and never got a response which is unacceptable to me as a paying customer. I lost my money on that deal but learned a lesson and will never purchase anything that has ADW written on it. Just my opinion. I hope YMMV. All the other launchers I mentioned are very good in their own ways and worth a look.
I never even tried the moto oem. Ha,Ha!! Anybody like it? If so, why? Not knocking something I never used, I think I deleted it when I rooted, but always kind of wondered if it was worthwhile. Probably had it on the maxx for 15 minutes after I brought the phone home, never really checked it out. So much better stuff out there. Just MHO and .02. Cheers all!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones