• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hot to clear email history

Perrins621

Lurker
Oct 31, 2010
The only thing I could imagine is draconian - delete the account, goto Application Management, delete the data for app - and then setup the account and sync all over again.

I know from experience that it certainly causes GMail to loose all history.

Draconian and a PITA - but after several days with no takers for ya, that's all I got.

what EM is perfect if you want to clear gmail. if you want to clear the email history from the "Mail"client you need to do this:

menu
settings
Applications
manage applications
running
mail -> clear data
ok

after you do this, it deletes the mail application data and history. you can then set up the mail account again. it will remember your email address but not your pw and history and then verify that it removed the address by composing a new email and typing the incorrect address but NOT hitting enter.

things in your email should be clear at this point.

hope this helps

~621

:cool:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones