• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hotmail not sending attachments

ReinerS10

Lurker
Aug 19, 2012
Hello,
New Andriod user here. On a Samsung 2 GT-i9100.

After setting up all four different email (gmail, hotmail, etc.) accounts I tested them all for sending and receiving. All worked well. Then I tried sending an attachment (picture) via Hotmail (default). It never sent. I then deleted the email but could no longer send a regular email. I deleted the account and set it up again. Tested a regular email and it went through. Tried to send another attachment and it would go through. Deleted it and retested with no luck. I was connected via WiFi.

Hotmail was set up over Exchange and everything looks normal; folders, contacts etc. BTW, any way to sync Memo and Tasks?

Anybody know of any issues with sending attachments via Hotmail. Work around?

Thx!

The only workaround that I've seen so far is a separate app for Hotmail, Hotmail+seven. It will sync Calendar and Contacts with your device but will not be seen by the Android Email app nor will you be able to use it as a default mail client. You can send attachments.

If anybody has a better solution please advise.

Thx!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones