• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How are you liking Nexus S size?

gadzooks

I don't mean joy of larger display, but more, what's it like holding this device in your hand? Did it take some getting used to or was difference hardly noticeable, or ... ?

Coming from an iPhone 4 and testing the TMo 4G, Nexus S is great. Not too heavy, although build quality seems cheaper, lighter is better for my taste.

A little slippery, I may go with the ZAGG to protect and make it non slippery.

I don't mean joy of larger display, but more, what's it like holding this device in your hand? Did it take some getting used to or was difference hardly noticeable, or ... ?

In the terms of what you are speaking it is definitely heavier than the vibrant. Don't listen to people who say otherwise, it feels absolutely solid, its more on the heavy side if anything, the screen is absolutely beautiful though and seems so big even though the vibrant is the same size but in no way are they really even similar. Doesn't need time to getting used to being that vibrant and nexus S are not the same. Nexus S is heavier than the vibrant as I said previously, its perfect size. Very noticeable size difference in comparison to the vibrant.

Holding it in the hand is fine. The weight seems appropriately balanced for it. Pressing the capacitive buttons with one hand is a bit awkward (and potentially dangerous), but it's not impossible. Also, reaching the far corning of the screen with my thumb is a bit difficult, and I have large hands. Still, I can reach probably 95% of the screen with a single hand.

I tried the Desire HD for a while and found the size OK (shame about the washed out screen and battery life...) so the NS should be fine.

Oh, one more thing. It's tough to tell if I'm holding it upside-down or not when I pull it out of my pocket or pick it up off the table. It probably just takes some getting used to.

The size is great for me coming from an N1. I have mine in a Zagg case from the moment I bought it. Agreed with the comment about determining which end is up.

I went from a Nexus One to the Nexus S and I'm starting to really prefer the feel of this phone in my hand. I bought a Platinum case for it and while it does make it look less elegant, it's still great. You almost need a case with this phone because it's so slippery.

I think this phone is perfect. So far I am loving the build quality and look. I think the screen is the perfect size and looks GREAT! I think 3.7 is too small and 4.3 is just a little too big, even though my Droid X was probably the second best phone I have ever owned.

The overall size is small, but I've been carrying a Moment around for the last year so the lack of a keyboard slideout slims the thing down quite a bit. I like it!

The screen size could be bigger in my perfect world. I'd enjoy a 5" screen quite a bit, but I know I'm probably in the minority.

Thanks everyone for your very helpful descriptions & suggestions. Beautiful outside and in, that's the ticket.

Back