• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can an Android Share a Computer's Internet Connection?

Straydog

How can a Galaxy S4 connect to internet through a computer (on cable DSL), using Bluetooth or USB?

I have found a tutorial for wireless and many for the other way round, but none for what I need.

There's a (not free) setup for USB, that doesn't work very well. I don't know of any Bluetooth methods. Why don't you want to use wifi? That's simple to set up using ICS (if you're running Windows on the computer).

Thanks for trying to help.

Yeah, I read it and it seems to be a great idea that works fine, but my phone is 11 days old and as rooting seems to invalidate the warranty (silly) I can't do it for now because we never know what the future may bring. :( Am I wrong about this or can I go ahead?

Isn't there another bright way to do it, please? I find so many for the other way round...

There's a (not free) setup for USB, that doesn't work very well. I don't know of any Bluetooth methods. Why don't you want to use wifi? That's simple to set up using ICS (if you're running Windows on the computer).
Yes, I am on Windows. How is that setup, please?

If a WiFi router not an option? That way you are still using the computer's internet but connecting via the WiFi router. WiFi routers are relatively inexpensive.

Sorry for having taken too long, I was away from the home computer, so, useless because I couldn't try anything. I hope someone will read this and help me.

If a WiFi router not an option? That way you are still using the computer's internet but connecting via the WiFi router. WiFi routers are relatively inexpensive.
No, WiFi is not an option for me because I do not have a WiFi router because the signal is too week where I have my PC. It will have to be USB or Bluetooth.

Please note that I haven't had any helping advice until now. It would be very welcome. Please refer to my starting post.

Back
Top Bottom