• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I delete apps ?

goldrush28

Apps like Corporate Calender and Alarm clock. I have deleted them and they still continue to show as running every time I use Advanced Task Manager. They are not showing on my home screen but must be running in the background, right? How do i permanently get rid of them?

did you uninstall properly?

Either go into market and my downloads

or settings/applications/mange applications

Im pretty sure you arent allowed to download apps that came with the phone unless youre rooted. But i could be wrong.

I think using the settings/applic.... you may be allowed.

But it's strongly advised that you don't.

And i didn't think they were pre-installed apps

Thanks for trying to help. When I go into Market> My downloads or settings>apps>manage apps they are both gone. However every time I open Advanced Task Manager there they are (Corp Calender and Alarm Clock) running in the background. I'm to much of a newb to understand "rooted", sorry.

The only way to completely delete them would be on a rooted phone, where you access the application directory through the terminal with superuser permissions. I dont know if you want to go through all that, and even then they recommend only renaming the files, because if you try to OTA without one of those files, it bricks your phone

I guess I'll just leave them alone. They don't show up anywhere except when I open Adv Task Mgr. That does mean they are running in the background right? Ideally I'd like to totally eliminate unused apps but I can cope. Maybe 2.1 will give us more functionality when it comes to doing this. Thanks for all the prompt replies. You guys rock!!

check out a program called autostarts, its in the marketplace, I know you said you didnt know much about rooting your phone and I think it requires root, but it can disable them from starting with your phone so that they wont run in the background

They're native to the Droid, you can't get rid of them completely unless you're rooted (or for all intensive purposes, unlocked). I don't use task managers, but (wow I type this a lot, lol) Settings > Applications > Running Apps will show you what apps are currently running. There are certain ones you'll want to run (like any widgets you may have added to your screen), but you can kill whatever you don't want taking up space.

Back
Top Bottom