• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do I edit Apex to OC @ 1.2

MikeAce00

Sep 8, 2010
I have Apex and I've been running the Mad OC script at 1.3 through terminal emulator. My phone just isn't quite as stable as it should be. Maybe 1 random reboot per day (or it will freeze playing angry birds)

How do I modify to OC 1.2

Is there a preferred method to accomplish this? I've tried searching and I only got more confused. I've seen manual methods and I've seen apps free and paid... I know I'll need to edit the setscaling.sh. I haven't done that but I'm willing to try?

Which method should I use? Do you have setting that are stable at 1.2? If so please share. I really think the 1.2OC will be the sweet spot for my DX

Thanks Guys,

Mike

Thanks Fab for making it so simple. I used that other post to find some values... But did not use that program...

Copied my setscale file to my sd card and edited the file accordingly.

ran the -sd command and viola! Set CPU is saying 1.225 and my quadrant scores have me landing right where I'd expect at that speed.

Was that all I needed to do? No need for the OC program? If so I'm really liking the scripts you've included with Apex.

Great work! and thanks for your help.

Mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones