• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how do i make a photo full screen size for wallpaper?

what the frick, the iphone can do it and i can't..
i've tried all those apps you all have posted and nothing is working. does it matter that the picture i want to use as a wallpaper is portrait and not landscape? every time it crops my picture.

oh, and i can't find this wallpaper maker app you are all going on about. the set and save doesn't seem to like me..

Upvote 0
i've tried all those apps you all have posted and nothing is working. does it matter that the picture i want to use as a wallpaper is portrait and not landscape? every time it crops my picture.

oh, and i can't find this wallpaper maker app you are all going on about. the set and save doesn't seem to like me..

YES, it does matter that the wallpaper you want to use is in portrait, not landscape. As mentioned in the earlier posts, the "perfect" aspect ratio / size of the wallpaper should be 960X800.

That means 960 (horizontal) X 800 (vertical). That is why you are having to crop the picture. HTC Sense UI is set in a format that the wallpaper extends through the 7 screens on the homepage. Find the wallpaper you want that is set in landscape and you'll find it is much easier than you think.

Reactions: flyjbaker
Upvote 0
I use wallpaper plus for portraits, though it still crops alittle, and it kinda degrades the photo, coming from winmo's and palms the android wallpaper does suck, alot

I disagree. On my WinMO, if I used my own pics, it'd re-size the pics strangely...and on my Touch Pro, you had to install 10 million cabs in order for the phone to have the wallpaper show on all the different tabs in TouchFlo3D.

In Sense UI, it's like having a full sized wallpaper that I'd have on my computer, except it extends to all 7 pages on Sense UI (without any edits or any added files) and then you get to see a higher resolution picture, as well. I think it absolutely Destroys WinMO when it comes to this.

I'm a Lakers fan, so I have 2 wallpapers from the Lakers.com website that I basically just resized to 960 width and they fit PERFECT. It's cool being able to see different parts of the wallpaper as you scroll through the different home pages.

Upvote 0
i don't really like that the picture moves while you scroll. i think that should be optional because it limits what pictures you can use unless you're super savy and know how to resize them.

???? The picture doesn't really "move." Think of it this way, imagine the 7 screens are just one big blank screen that you can scroll left or right to view the entire image. That's how it's set up.

And you don't really need to be "super savvy" to learn how to re-size pictures. Just save a picture you like that you'd use on your computer at a higher resolution. Then, open that picture in whatever picture editer/viewer you have on your computer. There should be a Edit tab on one of the toolbars and after clicking that, there should be an option to "re-size" the picture. "re-size" option, normally allows you to select parameters, so for the "horizontal" number, select 960 and the rest will fill in.

Simple.

Upvote 0
tried it, i'm this close to giving up. it still zoomed in.. no matter what size i make it. maybe i'm doing it wrong.. i give up.
thanks for the advice though! :)

I think I understand what you're trying to do.

Do you want to see the same size portrait pic in each of the 7 screens? If that's what you're trying to do, Sense UI isn't really built to view the wallpaper like that (This is my first Android phone, so I couldn't even tell you if stock Android would let you do that).

If that's what you're trying to accomplish, the best I could say is create a custom wallpaper. In order to accomodate the 960X800, your picture would have to be 137 (wide/horizontal) and 800 (tall/vertical). If you put 7 of those in a row, maybe that'll accomplish what you're looking to do.

At least, this is what I think you're trying to accomplish.

Upvote 0
okay I figured out a way :D
1st - u need "andWobble wallpaper"
2nd - just add image from gallery (WITHOUT adding a wobble)
3rd - after adding pic just press "set wallpaper"
*** OG pics size = 480x800

my examples pics :D
b546de6snap201006.png

8b0fbefsnap201006.png

What app/widget is that clock? I really like that one, it clutters the screen alot less. I don't think it is a preloaded one, or at least I can't find the options for it.

Upvote 0
just made an account so people could benefit from this app I found...

It works really good, opens your gallery and lets you set the picture just like you see it when it displays it as a preview(fullscreen) PLUS it gives you options when setting it so it dosen't scroll and if you want to crop it, it gives you more ways to crop it than the regular resizeable yellow box the name is

Wallpaper Wizardrii

as I said, I opened up an account just to post this beacuase it is a really good app for this matter

Upvote 0
just made an account so people could benefit from this app I found...

It works really good, opens your gallery and lets you set the picture just like you see it when it displays it as a preview(fullscreen) PLUS it gives you options when setting it so it dosen't scroll and if you want to crop it, it gives you more ways to crop it than the regular resizeable yellow box the name is

Wallpaper Wizardrii

as I said, I opened up an account just to post this beacuase it is a really good app for this matter
I made an acc just to say thanks! I appreciate the help :)

Reactions: ddr2011
Upvote 0

It doesn't like me either!

Upvote 0
I just got my android phone too and purchased a couple of wallpaper apps and was able to use them just fine for a few days and then all of a sudden I have that crop square come up and want to "fix" all my photos- what's up with that, it was working fine in the begining but now it's not! Now all my wallpapers are real funky! I'll continue to browse for a solution.

Update-- Used Wallpaper Wizardrii, fixed the problem. Shouldnt have to do that though; thought I had a "smartphone", lol!

Reactions: rooster17
Upvote 0
hey guys,
I see this conversation is a few months old, and I've actually downloaded one or two of the suggested apps, but I still wanted to through a comment/question out there and see what you think...
Basically, I feel the same frustration many others did. It's May 2011 right now. I just got the Droid Incredible 2 on Version. It came with HTC Sense and Android 2.2.x.
Anyway, simply put, my frustration is this:

I took a picture with my phone's camera. When doing this, the entire screen represents what will be taken as the picture. After taking the picture I open it to review and the file opens and uses the phone's entire screen to correctly and proportionately display the image.

Why is it the phone can take the image, display the image full screen, but not simply use that very same image as a full screen wall paper?

I know where was some talk about resolution, but I'm saying ok if you open the image and look at it without zooming or anything that's essentially what I'd asking to render and display as a wallpaper, so what's the big deal??!??

what do you think?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones