• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do i root ZTE sequent ( i know stupid question...)

swungspeedz

I just wanted to know how do i root this phone, with my last phone i used odin my Samsung epic 4g. how do I root this phone.:smokingsomb: I'm familiar with the epic 4G rooting and it seems like the sequent is different from the sequent. Im running 4.1.2 jb

when i try to root with junkies it says permission denied
7vuZNNF.jpg

I didnt say to root with the tool. I said to use fastboot method to flash CWM, Once you get CWM on your phone you can flash the root zip

i did this but when i go and restart and press the key combos it shows just the regular stock recovery mode, i did have cwm but its not there anymore. it seems like CWM was temp how do i make it permanent

Then use junkies tool over on the recovery options (on the right side) click fastboot and cwm, and flash it with his tool. if fastboot doesnt work click the link for getting fastboot to work i gave you

did you use unmodified root or unmodified no root?

If you used unmodified root can you do us a favor before you fastboot cwm and grab a copy of the stock recovery?

In cmd in windows or terminal in linux/mac:

Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/b11_stock_recovery.img

If adb is working for you, you can also use it to flash cwm to the phone by putting the cwm recovery image on your sdcard (make sure it named the same as your command) and doing the following:

Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13

Back
Top Bottom