• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How funny is this guy? (must see)

seanfodonnell

I saw this on craigslist.... I tried to buy but when i questioned him he wasn't interested in selling.

"Motorola Triumph for Virgin Mobile, clean esn, white OEM case, and screen protected, Mint CONDITION.
125 Firm.
On Android 4.0.3 with overclock to 2GHZ, this rom allows you to activate the phone with your account so no need to be on stock rom, could put on android 2.3 rom for you if youd like as it has the same activate feature and also has the overclock. I am an experienced modder so the phone is safe with me flashing a new rom to it. FULLY functional Ice cream sandwhich rom runs so smooth. Also as an added bonus, you have fully functional GOOGLE NOW (ANDROID 4.1 JELLY BEAN EXCLUSIVE), this thing kicks siris ass, sorry iphone. Google search Google Now to find out more. It runs without flaw even gives you the personalized Google Now Cards in your notification bar. Again as I said I am an experienced modder so you can be assured when I say its fully working Google Now I am not lying. Added screenshot as proof."
MOTOROLA TRIUMPH ANDROID 4.0.3 (click the link to see the add)

I saw this on craigslist.... I tried to buy but when i questioned him he wasn't interested in selling.

"Motorola Triumph for Virgin Mobile, clean esn, white OEM case, and screen protected, Mint CONDITION.
125 Firm.
On Android 4.0.3 with overclock to 2GHZ, this rom allows you to activate the phone with your account so no need to be on stock rom, could put on android 2.3 rom for you if youd like as it has the same activate feature and also has the overclock. I am an experienced modder so the phone is safe with me flashing a new rom to it. FULLY functional Ice cream sandwhich rom runs so smooth. Also as an added bonus, you have fully functional GOOGLE NOW (ANDROID 4.1 JELLY BEAN EXCLUSIVE), this thing kicks siris ass, sorry iphone. Google search Google Now to find out more. It runs without flaw even gives you the personalized Google Now Cards in your notification bar. Again as I said I am an experienced modder so you can be assured when I say its fully working Google Now I am not lying. Added screenshot as proof."
MOTOROLA TRIUMPH ANDROID 4.0.3 (click the link to see the add)

HAAAA lol I really like the part that says I'm not lying, right in the ad lol

Someone trying to scam people on craigslist lol

His 1 screenshot doesn't say anything lol

You can put the activate apk onto a custom rom but that don't mean it'll work

His clock is clearly roboto or whatever font but he could just be running cm7 with an ics theme lol

Either way in the screenshot he has no 3g icon, and his signal bar is grey so its either not activated or not linked with Google

I wonder if the esn or whatever is even clean like he said lol, cause if its listed as lost or stolen it wont matter what is done, it wont be able to be activated lol

That's not an OEM cover either. It's just a white case found on Ebay for about $2. Just sayin'.

Wanna know something else funny? I got a call recently from India telling me that I have a virus. Another call center scam! What's even funnier? I primarily run Linux! Not that it's impervious to infections (they can spread through holes in Flash and Java, yet will require root permissions to damage the whole system beyond the user account), but that they said I am running Windows! Wrong! I dual boot! Anyhow, I think I outsmarted the scammer, as he didn't even really know what Linux is! That gave me some lulz for a fact! Then I hung up on him. LOL.

did they fix the google now voice search? this guy sent me a video of the voice search working..... i can email anyone that wants the video

as far as the ICS rom, he came clean and said no cam or hdmi. what a fool.

It seems hard to tell for certain that phone is a triumph. I can't see the motorola branding that's directly above the screen. I think I might see it, maybe very faintly. Not sure, though. Maybe someone else knows a better way to tell.
I just don't know about this...

Do we know why the voice doesn't work on the google now? We have the same processor as a lot of the phones that have it working.

125 Firm.

lol @ $125 firm and its used and 'modded' whats more funny i seen a sale on radio shack for the triumph for $129 yet it doesnt show on the website i was down in cali for the weekend and saw it if any one can confirm then spread the news i picked up 2 for the hell of it maybe ill mess around with them

first off this guy was trying to scam me saying hed pay up to 165 for the triumph if it worked and just kept asking for the file to load it onto "his buddies triumph" when it clearly shows hes being sour about me not wanting to give the files away.

First off let me say, anyone who hasent figured it out, really must not of looked.

The video that the poster of this thread posted on youtube is the demo video i sent him and YES ITS A TRIUMPH, no im not actually from the future and the cam and hdmi dont work lol

HERES WHAT YOU NEED:
ICS ROM, i recommend either cm9 0.6.8.9 thru 0.6.17 Final (as mtdev is still working out the kinks in his ROM and theses have been finalized minus cam and hdmi.

A custom recovery : probably wouldnt be able to flash an ics rom without it, or any rom.

Once you have a ice cream sandwhich rom booted with gapps installed, you need the file located here:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6LpKa8yhdLtZ1RLcGtQWDJOVGM

Now basically the rest a 2 year old could accomplish :-P
Boot into recovery, either with a program, reboot menu or hold vol up and down with power button as you boot phone, now flash the new zip.
reboot tada!

this will replace the stock search and works for online only, over 3g/wifi, it is fully functional has voice has google cards, now for the asshole who tried saying its all fake you clearly know its real, yes GOOGLE NOW ON TRIUMPH no QUESTION MARKS lol.

I didnt want to share this with the guy who just wanted my files, but seeing as wayy more than just the poster wanted it I feel like I just had to share
ENJOY! google now on ics on yes Motorola triumph:D:smokingsomb:

as for asking 125, I really need money for court fines, so I had to switch back to my optimus v and the phone is mint condition with case with charger and has always been screen protected plus I spent quite a bit of time adding extras like google now, which i now encourage everyone to flash :) Ive also added the silk browser mod, if anyone would like steps Ive got them basically memorized

find and download silk browser port, extract.
use root explorer and copy the lib folder from extracted to system/lib ( not just files the whole folder)this makes it easier. open folder and change permissions to match all other libs in system/lib folder, now move files out of folder into system/lib and delete that folder.

now go back to extracted folder, open app folder, inside silk browser port folde,. install three apps inside folder.
now go to data/app and move the cloud browser apk to system/app.

reboot and enjoy:D

both work 100%, flash videos work super fast on silk , this is by far the fastest browser. google now voice search does work, this is the online only version you will need wifi/3g to use. to the poster of this forum. you can now for free enjoy google now as you never planned on buying my triumph anyways and i see you have one of your own lol

Thanks for coming here. Hopefully the camera fix comes before you sell it. I would be irritated if i bought a fully functional ICS phone that wasnt fully functional (camera)
Thanks for sharing the Google Now and hopefully youll stick around.

Back
Top Bottom