• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How funny is this guy? (must see)

i could honestly care less about the google now feature, what i didnt like about the ad here was:

Motorola Triumph for Virgin Mobile, clean esn, white OEM case, and screen protected, Mint CONDITION.
100 Firm.
On Android 4.0.3 with overclock to 2GHZ, this rom allows you to activate the phone with your account so no need to be on stock rom, could put on android 2.3 rom for you if youd like as it has the same activate feature and also has the overclock. I am an experienced modder so the phone is safe with me flashing a new rom to it. FULLY functional Ice cream sandwhich rom runs so smooth. Also as an added bonus, you have fully functional GOOGLE NOW (ANDROID 4.1 JELLY BEAN EXCLUSIVE), this thing kicks siris ass, sorry iphone. Google search Google Now to find out more. It runs without flaw even gives you the personalized Google Now Cards in your notification bar. Again as I said I am an experienced modder so you can be assured when I say its fully working Google Now I am not lying. Added screenshot as proof.

1. Coming straight from some of our devs here, while the triumph can do 2Ghz and alot of them seem to not have an issue with it, alot of them do, and while running at about double speed is nice and crazy fast it is going to eventually kill the processor just like all overclocking

2. as far as i know, as far as ive been told, as far as ive read and seen, you cannot activate under a Custom Rom, and even if there was a workaround i wouldnt wanna try it cause normally the custom rom changes some of the numbers in the phone itselfs stats and such

3. Says 100% fully functional ICS which isnt true if camera and hdmi arnt working

those were my only issues with the post lol, as for the google now, Nice find, and thanks for adding info towards our devices

when asked i never lie about cam/hdmi i just left out of the add the fact it doesnt work yet, as for the google now, ive ran it for weeks sucsessfully. as for the overclock, setcpu a custom freq. to exactly 2000mhz it doesnt reboot, when using cm 2016mhz setting it does crash. So when i say 2ghz i meant not a mhz more lol

when asked i never lie about cam/hdmi i just left out of the add the fact it doesnt work yet, as for the google now, ive ran it for weeks sucsessfully. as for the overclock, setcpu a custom freq. to exactly 2000mhz it doesnt reboot, when using cm 2016mhz setting it does crash. So when i say 2ghz i meant not a mhz more lol

i got what ur saying, i wasent trying to say like you little liar or anything lol was just the problems i saw in that post lol

as for the overclock, i cant remember the users name, he is a dev tho so now its bothering me lol, but he had a triumph overclocked to 2ghz said it ran fine for years, he got a different one and overclocking past 1.5 cause major issues

wasent trying to say its like going to break the phone or anything, just saying like that 2ghz is our phones max and altho some phone can do it others seem to have issues, either way it is a know fact that overclocking shortens life span

again wasent trying to call you out as a liar or anything, was just the issues i had when reading the post and i threw some facts in lol just for fun lol

and again if your the one who brought the google now to use then i thank you cause it can only equal better things for our dev team

the only thing i did was read a add on craigslist that told me someone has a "fully funcutioning ICS ROM" to me that means everything works. am i wrong in thinking that?? as far as the google now, as anyone tried the zip to the link? if it works then awesome, if not im sure it will in the future. i tired all the links and zips and could only get the voice to work using the "voice search for google now.apk" that was pulled on the market. if you use it, it will load the context to gnow and then you can hit the search to find what you spoke.

no disrespect to my man in RI, but the add was kinda misleading....

let me know if the zip works

No, you weren't wrong in thinking that, pretty much why this post was posted in my opinion, very misleading if you ask me.

I know it's the wrong thread, but it was "back and forth"'ed. Well, kinda.

When you overclock you heat up the processor, also, you normally need to bump up the voltage. The both can cause the current to push the atoms in the circuitry to actually move. Think of it like welding with an arch welder.
Tickerguy had a post on it and used a $4 word that I searched and found an interesting article that explained it better that I will. So to let everyone know, I run at 1.4GHz. When pwnyoface got things started, and didn't know he was booting at full clock speed, I found out that my phone would do 1.9GHz. I leave it down and have lowered the processor voltage to help.

One problem is there is such a variation in our phone's quality. Mine will 1.4GHZ at 1250mv for weeks at a time. I haven't played with it sense I started with MTDEV. I need to mess with that tonight.

Just for fun. Could everyone post their settings.

Ok well after pulling my hair out ive got it working,

file----Online Only via Mediafire - 14.06MB

ROm-- any of mantera's builds (doesn't work on MTDEV builds yet)

go into recovery and triple wipe.

flash rom, gapps, then google now zip (listed above)

reboot twice, sign in

then when just press the search bar, make sure you select google

then ask away,

thanks to my man CJ (i lost your number)

Ok well after pulling my hair out ive got it working,

file----Online Only via Mediafire - 14.06MB

ROm-- any of mantera's builds (doesn't work on MTDEV builds yet)

go into recovery and triple wipe.

flash rom, gapps, then google now zip (listed above)

reboot twice, sign in

then when just press the search bar, make sure you select google

then ask away,

thanks to my man CJ (i lost your number)

Ill mess around with it this weekend and see if I can just include it in the build. Weird it doesn't work, is it due to the space?

It does work on mtdev cm9 I was trying it last night but I'm no Dev and I had install and uninstall it quite a few times and at times voice would work and cards wouldn't vice versa

Back
Top Bottom