• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many Erises have YOU gone through?

How many erises have you had

• I am on my original phone

Votes: 76 55.1%
  • On my 1st refurb

Votes: 33 23.9%
  • On my 2nd refurb

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • On my 3nd refurb

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • On my 4th (or more) refurb; please specify

Votes: 9 6.5%

• Total voters
For now I'm on my original Eris, I'll be on my second soon most likely since I have to talk to tech support about the faulty trackball in my current one.

I'm on my 2nd refurb and still experiencing issues with "silent call", constant freezing/fc and signal issues. I called Verizon today and said I don't want another refurb and asked what my options are and they said certfied pre-owned is it. I love this phone, but I'm frustrated. The vz tech indicated the problem is me, not the phone and then people on here say the same. I'm a very tolerant person, so I know I'm not just being picky and I'm not imagining the issues. What's the deal here? This phone is seriously giving me identity issues!

I am on my fourth refurb. going onto fifth
1 - phone kept freezing
2 - silent bug and audio sounds terrible
3 - trackball doesn't work
4 - cannot connect to wifi or 3G.

On my original, works great. I did have huge issues after the OTA 2.1 update (lag, dialer problems, facebook sync), but after I learned to do the Factory Reset on here, it has worked great ever since. I am parting with it though, about half way through my wait for an Incredible. After my wife got hers, I had to ditch the Eris!

Still on #1... Girlfriend's still on #1 too but she should be on #4 or higher by now. She keeps stepping on it, dropping it on concrete, getting it wet... she's even taken it for a spin in the washer at least 1 time that I'm aware of.
I swear the damn thing has 9 lives.

I'm on number 4

1st - speaker phone shorted out causing a battery drain.(5.5hr battery life)
2nd - proximity sensor and silent call bug
3rd - scrolled to the left when plugged in then randomly scrolled to the left
4th - works perfectly!! then rooted and it works even better!!

The wife and I got ours on launch day November 6th 2009, neither of us have had any problems. I've seen every OTA update (3 bug fixes and one 1.5 to 2.1 upgrade). The phone has gotten much better since it's release. I just rooted and overclocked last week and it was the best thing I've ever done, it's like a different phone. It's a shame it's shipped at 528 Mhz stock, that's simply not fast enough. 710 Mhz or above is much more acceptable. I currently have mine running at 748 Mhz and it is seriously a different phone. I can't wait until the Froyo (2.2) ROMs become more solid, I'm totally gonna switch to one eventually and then it will be even faster.

I received my fifth eris which again didn't work properly they finally agreed to upgraded me to an Incredible!!! I am glad I am getting a phone which will hopefully work but wonder if the phones do actually go through a refurbishment process.

Back
Top Bottom