• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories How much are you willing to cough up for the dock?

hmmm yeah basically o_O though I think you can still use your phone as it's there and not behind the screen. You might have a point with taking it in and out that it might scratch the phone. *shrugs* just food for thought :p lol

Yea it would be cool and I'm sure Moto probably thought of this. I remember taking my Droid to Verizon and having them try one of there cases on for me. The Verizon rep had a hard time sliding it off and scratched the hell out of the bezel then gave me a new phone.

Upvote 0
Yea that too but now we're asking them to actually think like the buying public ... they probably have some sort of camera add-on doohicky in the works that they can peddle for another $20-$30.

lol, or I can just whip out my old logitech usb camera and plug it in. But then I wonder about drivers which leads back to there "camera add-on doohicky" thing.

Upvote 0
I can defiantly see some overly trustworthy person walking away from the laptop dock and having the phone snatched out.
I hope people are smart enough to take the phone with them at lease since the netbook dock is useless without the phone. Plus, you're only going to be out of $150 vs $500+ the phone will cost to replace, lol. Maybe it's a good idea to get a theft insurance ;)

Upvote 0
I hope people are smart enough to take the phone with them at lease since the netbook dock is useless without the phone. Plus, you're only going to be out of $150 vs $500+ the phone will cost to replace, lol. Maybe it's a good idea to get a theft insurance ;)

Yea that might be a good idea. Thats also one of the features I like, not loosing your postion while in webtop mode when the phone is undocked.

Upvote 0
ya know i was thinking of that today! here you go and get the atrix rooted then you go use the laptop dock and it says sorry no can do? Now that would kill it altogether

I think right now we're all still speculating on how exactly those "dock" modes work, but I have a feeling that having root wouldn't negatively affect their function. It looks to me that the webtop mode could be stripped down virtualized linux distro. I've seen VMware running multiple "copies" of android concurrently on a single device so I know that it's possible in theory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones