• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to access the "Product Key" on Archos tablets?

Armond

Nov 7, 2009
Hi Folks,

I need to access the product key (or whatever unique device ID) of the Archos devices. I've found the following API mentioned on Archos website which should work on Archos5 series:
Settings.System.getString(getContentResolver(), "archos.product_key");

But it does not work on 101 tablets (returning NULL). Any clue?

Further Note: It seems that "Telephony.getDeviceId()" always returns NULL on all Archos devices.

Thank you,
Armond

I havent found a way yet, and its meant that pocket racing will not allow me to use online features, as it requires the devices ID to identify me.

I was sent an app from the dev who was trouble shooting my problem, it searches for the device ID and reports it, but on the archos it returns an 'empty' value...?

Upvote 0
I havent found a way yet, and its meant that pocket racing will not allow me to use online features, as it requires the devices ID to identify me.

I was sent an app from the dev who was trouble shooting my problem, it searches for the device ID and reports it, but on the archos it returns an 'empty' value...?

That's the exact problem I'm trying to overcome! Most of the Android tablets doesn't play fair when it comes to Device ID. I don't know why tablet makers refuse to return a valid device id while most of the Android phones have one!

By the way, would you please ask that developer, you're working with, to see if he's been successful on fetching a device ID (or product key or whatever unique) from Archos tablets?

Upvote 0
I dont think he has, he is adapting the pocket racing app (apparently) and is going to release a new version that doesnt need the device ID, but this version will not be on the market, only downloadable from 'other sources'.

the device ID problem is very frustrating, but I think it may be related to not having a SIM...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones