• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to activate USB debug during a bootloop?

You can't activate USB debugging when in this state. If you have a custom recovery however you may be able to use adb when in recovery (a stock recovery won't include the adb_daemon, but some custom recoveries do).

You need to shut it down then boot into recovery. I don't know this device or "freedom", so don't know what "freecore" did, but in general if the problem is part of the user settings a factory reset will clear it, if it's a problem with system software you need to reflash the ROM. If you have a custom recovery and made a backup using that then restoring the backup will resolve it (you'll only lose any data that are newer than the backup).

You might want to see whether anyone familiar with this software has another solution, but with boot loops generally those are the ways of fixing.

Reactions: argedion
Upvote 0
I can only guess then that that option changed something in the /system partition, which is not affected by a factory reset. Unless anyone else has any ideas I think you may need to reflash your system software, and as I'm not familiar with ASUS devices I can't tell you how to do this.

You'll get your best advice in our device forum, http://androidforums.com/forums/memo-pad-hd-all-things-root.2323/. I'll ask one of the moderators to move this thread there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones