• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to avoid the Sys-Update reminders?

Rafael

Android Enthusiast
I plan to return to 2.1? on my Droid and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get rid of the constant System-Update reminders?

Sluggishness, quirks, disappearing alarms (and being late for work), and now the Certificate problem so I can no longer use Touchdown with the company Server........ have me missing the last version something fierce.

The rules of this forum restrict me from fully conveying my hatred for the recent OTA update to my original Droid. :D

I am fully stock, un-rooted.

I plan to return to 2.1? on my Droid and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get rid of the constant System-Update reminders?

Sluggishness, quirks, disappearing alarms (and being late for work), and now the Certificate problem so I can no longer use Touchdown with the company Server........ have me missing the last version something fierce.

The rules of this forum restrict me from fully conveying my hatred for the recent OTA update to my original Droid. :D

I am fully stock, un-rooted.

To go back to 2.1 and avoid update reminders you would have to root.

I feel like most of the issues that people are having with 2.2 are because they're upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2. We all, at the very least, wiped /data and /cache when we switched from Eclair to Froyo ROMs. I feel like OTA users should be doing the same. If they can't wipe /boot and /system, at the very least they can wipe /data and /cache.

I thought it would come down to rooting.
Thank you for the replies!

FWIW.....This is my second try with 2.2, second being the OTA.
Both operated the same, with or without a wipe. I have no problem wiping the data....took less time than I thought to get back to where I was.

As to the certificate issue, even Nitrodesk says it is a real issue, to be solved by an update by Google, hopefully:
Note about Froyo - NitroDesk TouchDown | Google Groups

Today Froyo learned a new trick. The unlock and silence buttons rotated themselves 90 degrees on a few occasions. They still worked fine, but looked like they wanted a swipe downward instead of to the side. The glitches seem to be piling up.

Back
Top Bottom