• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to bring up keyboard to enter keyboard shortcut for webpage in a browser?

taylormah

My professor posts his notes on his website in form of html/javascript slides, which uses keyboard shortcuts for doing different actions. For example, pressing "h" while on the webpage shows help, "a" switches the slide-view on or off etc etc.. These are important functions and don't have a button on the webpage to trigger these, so keyboard presses are the only way to go. On Epic, there was no problem as I slided out the keyboard and pressed the required key and got the desired result, but on Evo, I am having little difficulty using site as soft keyboard doesn't show up until I tap somewhere inside a text box, but then textbox captures all the key presses. What could be an effective workaround to get the keyboard to show up on browser screen to enter shortcuts which are captured by browser directly and not some textbox??

My professor posts his notes on his website in form of html/javascript slides, which uses keyboard shortcuts for doing different actions. For example, pressing "h" while on the webpage shows help, "a" switches the slide-view on or off etc etc.. These are important functions and don't have a button on the webpage to trigger these, so keyboard presses are the only way to go. On Epic, there was no problem as I slided out the keyboard and pressed the required key and got the desired result, but on Evo, I am having little difficulty using site as soft keyboard doesn't show up until I tap somewhere inside a text box, but then textbox captures all the key presses. What could be an effective workaround to get the keyboard to show up on browser screen to enter shortcuts which are captured by browser directly and not some textbox??

hold down the menu button

hold down the menu button

I tried it, but keeping the menu button pressed did nothing, and as soon as I removed my finger off of it, browser menu showed up, which is the normal behavior of tapping the menu key anyway. I may not be following your direction properly, can you please elaborate it? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom