• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to change boot sound

brain. im not sure you are correct. i think i have to push my mp3 file to a certain folder but which one?

For the LG Esteem:

To rename or replace with your own custom sound the boot up mp3 file "MetroPCS...hello...hello...Wireless for all"

1. Root

2. Have Root Explorer. When you run Root Explorer, make sure you "allow" it superuser permissions. Enable R/W so you can make changes.

3. Go to /system/sounds/power/MetroPCS_PowerOn.mp3. < That is the location of the annoying sound file.

4. Rename or delete. It will disable the MetroPCS Startup sound.

Just by renaming that file, then you will have silence at bootup. You don't have to replace the mp3 file with anything. The animation will still show, but there won't be sound clip playing while the phone is booting up. Nobody needs to know your business.

5. Or to put your own choice of audio file in its place, you have to move an MP3 file to the same location NAMED EXACTLY: MetroPCS_PowerOn.mp3

==========

What I did was rather than just deleting the "MetroPCS_PowerOn.mp"3 file, I replaced it with a 1 second silent audio file named the same. Download the 1 second version from here and just re-name it and send it to yourself, then place it in the correct folder.

Magic's Place - Minidisc Downloads

Upvote 0
For the LG Esteem:

To rename or replace with your own custom sound the boot up mp3 file "MetroPCS...hello...hello...Wireless for all"

1. Root

2. Have Root Explorer. When you run Root Explorer, make sure you "allow" it superuser permissions. Enable R/W so you can make changes.

3. Go to /system/sounds/power/MetroPCS_PowerOn.mp3. < That is the location of the annoying sound file.

4. Rename or delete. It will disable the MetroPCS Startup sound.

Just by renaming that file, then you will have silence at bootup. You don't have to replace the mp3 file with anything. The animation will still show, but there won't be sound clip playing while the phone is booting up. Nobody needs to know your business.

5. Or to put your own choice of audio file in its place, you have to move an MP3 file to the same location NAMED EXACTLY: MetroPCS_PowerOn.mp3

==========

What I did was rather than just deleting the "MetroPCS_PowerOn.mp"3 file, I replaced it with a 1 second silent audio file named the same. Download the 1 second version from here and just re-name it and send it to yourself, then place it in the correct folder.

Magic's Place - Minidisc Downloads
well flash this through cwm and then change to what u want

Attachments

• ZVD Boot Sound.zip
    247.2 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones