• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to close an app completely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for being such an idiot, you should of told us you are a visual learner like myself.
Not sure why you think I'm a visual learner, and not sure who you're trying to insult there, yourself or me.
Okay here is what I just found on youtube:

Oh dear god. A smug American accent and he begins with "Hey it's R I C K Y the android guy!" What is this? Kids TV?

I'm not sitting through that. I much prefer a list of instructions I can read, possibly with a screenshot.

And the program he mentions isn't on the Google Play Store, which suggests to me it got removed for being dangerous/rubbish.

Not sure why you think I'm a visual learner, and not sure who you're trying to insult there, yourself or me.

Oh dear god. A smug American accent and he begins with "Hey it's R I C K Y the android guy!" What is this? Kids TV?

I'm not sitting through that. I much prefer a list of instructions I can read, possibly with a screenshot.

And the program he mentions isn't on the Google Play Store, which suggests to me it got removed for being dangerous/rubbish.
I was not trying to insult you, some people are visual learners like myself, and nother times it is just I must have a youtube video and sometimes instructions, letting it sink in only once though.
Again people are different then what I am thinking of them as well.

Well I hate youtube videos, I prefer to read instructions than listen to someone going through the bits I already know, whereas in text I can skim through to the bit I need. Not sure why you thought I preferred videos.

Anyway the program he mentioned no longer exists in Play Store.

Well I hate youtube videos, I prefer to read instructions than listen to someone going through the bits I already know, whereas in text I can skim through to the bit I need. Not sure why you thought I preferred videos.

Anyway the program he mentioned no longer exists in Play Store.
Well you sounded so confused when we tried to help you a few pages ago, honestly we are not angry at you, try to be more clear on here on what kind of help you wanted, instead of being all "Going off to the fuse"on us.

I only get angry with Android, as it's rubbish. I thought Windows was bad but this is ridiculous. I looked up Windows phone reviews and one of the pros in the pros and cons list amused me: "task manager". :-)

I don't know what phone or tablet you've got there. But it could be your carrier like Verizon or T-Mobile, has screwed you over with your device.
That youtube video refers to "Advanced Task Killer" (25 seconds into the video). If I search for this on Google Play on my phone (typing the name EXACTLY), it takes me to "Advanced Task Manager"! And only that, no choice. But if I search on my computer in a web browser, I get a list of matches, like a Google search. Why is my phone not giving me a list? I'm sure it used to. This is a Google Play phuckup, not Android.

My carrier has nothing to do with it, they don't install software, how could they? It's what Samsung put on it when it was manufactured.

I won't be installing it anyway, you have to pay for it! And he's put an ad on Youtube. Yes.... scammer alert.

"I only get angry with Android, as it's rubbish" Yes, that could be right, but depending on whatever it is phone or tablet you've got there, and the software build and the carrier who supplied it.

Last edited:
The things that annoy me with Android are usually present on all Android phones. Their over the top security is beyond a joke, they stopped a lot of legitimate apps working with the versions after Android 7.

I should have bought a Windows phone. Then I'd have a task manager and a start menu and stuff, like a real computer.

That youtube video refers to "Advanced Task Killer" (25 seconds into the video). If I search for this on Google Play on my phone (typing the name EXACTLY), it takes me to "Advanced Task Manager"! And only that, no choice. But if I search on my computer in a web browser, I get a list of matches, like a Google search. Why is my phone not giving me a list? I'm sure it used to. This is a Google Play phuckup, not Android.

My carrier has nothing to do with it, they don't install software, how could they? It's what Samsung put on it when it was manufactured.

I won't be installing it anyway, you have to pay for it! And he's put an ad on Youtube. Yes.... scammer alert.

Did you buy your phone from a carrier, like Verizon or Sprint? Who will preinstall software from their affiliates.

I'm not in the US myself, so I'm only going on info that was previously posted on AF.

Last edited:
I'm in the UK, and it was bought 2nd hand on Ebay (I'm not stupid enough to buy an overpriced phone (or car) new). AFAIK either me or the seller or both reset it to factory settings. There's no indication it's from a certain carrier, those usually have a logo somewhere physically, on startup, or in the settings somewhere. This just says Samsung.

I'm in the UK, and it was bought 2nd hand on Ebay (I'm not stupid enough to buy an overpriced phone (or car) new). AFAIK either me or the seller or both reset it to factory settings. There's no indication it's from a certain carrier, those usually have a logo somewhere physically, on startup, or in the settings somewhere. This just says Samsung.
Again try to do a FDR to clear out the gigabit issue that might give ie a greater boost.

Samsung A10, Android 11, only 2GB RAM.
I mean this might also be a major contributing factor to your problem.

This phone is 4 years old, and is also one of the lowest specced phones in Samsungs A-Series lineup from 2019.

You're expecting caviar and a porterhouse on a fish and chips budget.

Perhaps it is time for an upgrade.

Just a thought.

Again try to do a FDR to clear out the gigabit issue that might give ie a greater boost.
What is an FDR? I take it you don't mean Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Overuse of acronyms means nobody knows what you're talking about. There's usually about 30 things any three characters can stand for.

I mean this might also be a major contributing factor to your problem.

This phone is 4 years old, and is also one of the lowest specced phones in Samsungs A-Series lineup from 2019.

You're expecting caviar and a porterhouse on a fish and chips budget.

Perhaps it is time for an upgrade.

Just a thought.
You can't be serious. I've upgraded severely twice in the last few years already. From Android 4.5 to Android 7 to Android 11 phones.
I ain't spending as much on a phone as I do on a computer.

FOUR YEARS OLD! I can't take you seriously anymore. If a 4 year old phone doesn't cut it, the world is screwed. My car is 21 years old. I have desktop computers working perfectly well at 12 years old. I've basically got what would be the latest and greatest in 2019. Are you saying people had severe problems in 2019?

You're not being realistic.

You have a cheap, budget phone from 2019 and are expecting it have options that either 1) Do not exist for your phone 2) Do not exist at all or 3) Are absolutely unnecessary.

Your expectations are way too high for your budget level phone and it's capabilities.

And I am done attempting to help your stubborn, unreasonable self.

It's not cheap budget, it's a Samsung, not an unknown Chinese make. It was about £150 new.

My expectations aren't for raw power, my expectations are for something simple - closing an app. I could do that on a 1990s computer running Windows 3.

My problem is not with the phone, my problem is with the OS. The same problem will exist on £1000 phones.

I'm going with Microsoft next time, a company with a clue.

FDR - factory data reset, basically power down your cell, hit volume down and power button until you see an android, head over to recovery, and instantly press power down and power at that same time, as well as even you will see a menu, scroll down and see "Whipe out all data" profit.

Right.... so to fix a minor problem you want me to wipe the whole phone. I expect that sort of nonsense from an Indian call centre.

Stop talking in riddles. I said I couldn't get help with an Indian. Why are you mixing races and mixing can with couldn't?

And pigs do fly, in helicopters.

And there's no such thing as an Irish gentleman. They either beat you up, blow you up, or short circuit things (yes they actually try to be electricians!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom