• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to completely remove game installation files?

I was wondering how I can uninstall and remove all data associated with certain games? I know how to uninstall things using the applications menu but this only removes the basic installer part of the game, not the actual game files.

Try to look for the game or its developers name in 'My files'. Browse for '/sdcard/Android/data' or it may stand on its own as an individual file on '/sdcard' and delete them manually.

Anyhow, the game data left after uninstallation will not be of huge size, usually.

Try to look for the game or its developers name in 'My files'. Browse for '/sdcard/Android/data' or it may stand on its own as an individual file on '/sdcard' and delete them manually.

Anyhow, the game data left after uninstallation will not be of huge size, usually.

I couldnt see any files but i'll have another look. Oh and trust me gameloft games can leave being 1gb+ per game! And with only just over 11gb internal storage its gonna get filled pretty quickly!

Yeah, i played quite a few gameloft games like real football 2012, adrenaline 6, modern combat 3, let's golf 3, etc. That is why i just got myself a 16gb microsd for storage :D

Yeah, i played quite a few gameloft games like real football 2012, adrenaline 6, modern combat 3, let's golf 3, etc. That is why i just got myself a 16gb microsd for storage :D

But the games install onto the internal memory automatically dont they? Or can you change where they are installed to?

Yeah, they are automatically downloaded and installed into internal memory. But you may try to move those game data files to external sd card after that. I have not tried that before but should be able to do so. I always try identifying the data files from apps or games that i have previously installed so that those that are no longer needed will be cleared from storage

Back
Top Bottom