• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to create a folder for apps?

dragon999

Sorry if this has been asked, the other thread about it didn't quite cover it.

Is there anyway to create folders on the "all programs" page you get when you push the widgets/apps button next to Phone?

I'd like to push that button and then maybe see a games folder at the top and a media folder for camera apps and media players. Maybe a news/reference folder for my dictionaries, reference and news apps. The rest of the stuff I'd like to just leave there open and accessible.

i wish there was a way to do it too. i feel this is a big problem with android (the huge alphabetical list of apps with no useful organization).

Folder Organize Lite will do exactly as you're looking for.

I've got all my favorite apps in one folder (with a fully customizable icon) on my home screen. One touch brings up all my apps. Things I hardly ever use just stay on the main App screen.

The great thing about this is I no longer have to go searching on different home screens for different apps. Actually I have no need for seven home screens at all anymore.

The greatest part is the homescreens are so much cleaner now and you can actually see your wallpaper.

And did I mention, it's free!!

i wish there was a way to do it too. i feel this is a big problem with android (the huge alphabetical list of apps with no useful organization).

I'd really love to stuff all the stupid apps like City ID into a "Never going to use BS" folder. having folders for games, business and other sub topics would be nice.

I've got all my favorite apps in one folder (with a fully customizable icon) on my home screen. One touch brings up all my apps. Things I hardly ever use just stay on the main App screen.

That is great and I really appreciate your help and time to offer your suggestion, but can you put that folder your talking about in the main App screen? Not the homescreen, that is. I believe that is what we are unable to do here.

Yes, the alphabetical list is nice but I just feel like there should be a couple of folders at the top of it. I don't like having a folder on my homescreen because I feel like its separated from all the other apps and it'd basically deem the app button down there useless. And I don't know why, but I like using that little button.

Thanks again for the suggestion, I will check it out. So nobody else has been able to put a folder in that main app screen huh? Interesting, damn.

That is great and I really appreciate your help and time to offer your suggestion, but can you put that folder your talking about in the main App screen? Not the homescreen, that is. I believe that is what we are unable to do here.

Yes, the alphabetical list is nice but I just feel like there should be a couple of folders at the top of it. I don't like having a folder on my homescreen because I feel like its separated from all the other apps and it'd basically deem the app button down there useless. And I don't know why, but I like using that little button.

Thanks again for the suggestion, I will check it out. So nobody else has been able to put a folder in that main app screen huh? Interesting, damn.

After I wrote that, I realized you were looking for something on your app screen, rather than the home screen, and you just confirmed it.

I honestly don't know of any folders for the app screen unless "Folder Organizer" allows you to?

My philosophy between putting the folder on the home screen is that, sure we all love to have lots of neat apps (particularly if they don't slow the phone down) but the more you have, the more cluttered it all gets, plus why should you keep having to either view the little-used ones (on a homescreen) or scroll through them (on the app screen)?

So you prefer to keep them in your app drawer- just organized- equally valid. Hopefully you find what you're looking for.

Who the hell needs seven home screens anyway?! Just a few folders is all we need, so you can actually see whatever cool wallpaper you choose to have...

Good luck!

I use Apps Organizer, it has labels for many things. Basically, I make one folder for games, one for Junk (City ID, Peep, etc) and everything else is Other Apps. I put that shortcut on my homepage.

As far as replacing the function of the App drawer in Sense UI, I think you're only option is to use a new launcher like Launcher Pro or ADW. This would let you replace the bottom launcher (Apps, Phone, Plus sign to add) with whatever you want.

I use apps organizer along with Launcher Pro. In LP, you can hide apps from the launcher. So for apps that you don't use (ad free and Where's my Droid, for example) you can hide them. Or apps that you have in folders, you can hide those too! Removes clutter without removing functionality or limiting yourself. :D

The great thing about this is I no longer have to go searching on different home screens for different apps. Actually I have no need for seven home screens at all anymore.

The greatest part is the homescreens are so much cleaner now and you can actually see your wallpaper.

And did I mention, it's free!!
Hi I know this is an old post but it was a great help to me and folder organizer lite is a great app however when i turn my phone off my labels on my home screen will no longer work, they come with the caption deleted label and don't do anything anymore, has any1 had the same problem and does any1 know how to fix this??
It would be a shame to lose a great app but it is no good to me if it does this , paul.

Back
Top Bottom