• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to hard boot into recovery

djthebogan

Stupid question but I just put the stock rom back on and unrooted using gingerbreak, but I dont think ive removed the recovery? How can I hard boot into recovery to check? I cant remeber what buttons, lol

Edit- I remembered, it was hold home, power, and volume down.

Now I just got to remove cwm, anyone have any suggestions?

Yup, 2.2.1. Can i use the flash image gui app to just flash the stock recovery img over the cwm recovery? if i can, then i could just use gingerbreak to unroot. That just seems too easy.

edit... From being stock rooted, i used flash image gui and flashed the stock recovery img, after reboot i used gingerbreak to unroot. So now i believe i'm 100% stock. I just used hard boot into recovery and since i've never seen the stock recovery before i just want to make sure this is it.
It says..
Android system recovery <3e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

All in blue letters

How can you find out what OS you had before you flashed? I lost my original nandroid backup so I can't restore and look.

Yup, 2.2.1. Can i use the flash image gui app to just flash the stock recovery img over the cwm recovery? if i can, then i could just use gingerbreak to unroot. That just seems too easy.

edit... From being stock rooted, i used flash image gui and flashed the stock recovery img, after reboot i used gingerbreak to unroot. So now i believe i'm 100% stock. I just used hard boot into recovery and since i've never seen the stock recovery before i just want to make sure this is it.
It says..
Android system recovery <3e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

All in blue letters
Thats the stock recovery.

Back
Top Bottom