• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to install custom icons

You can put the icons on the SD Card in any folder. Use a FileBrowser (EStrong/Astro) to move/locate them. Once on the SD Card, you may need to rescan it (as i've just found out), using SDRescan.

Then use something like: Apps Organiser / Folder Organiser to assign the new icons to the shortcuts/apps.

There's a zillion icons here: Browse icon sets | Search and download free icons

Reactions: LECTER
Upvote 0
Reactions: ClouDarK and papa j
Upvote 0
You can put the icons on the SD Card in any folder. Use a FileBrowser (EStrong/Astro) to move/locate them. Once on the SD Card, you may need to rescan it (as i've just found out), using SDRescan.

Then use something like: Apps Organiser / Folder Organiser to assign the new icons to the shortcuts/apps.

There's a zillion icons here: Browse icon sets | Search and download free icons

Dude, is there a tutorial somewhere which explains how to get the icons from icon browser to pc to phone to icon and what size and format is required :D I could spend all Sunday working it out in a hit and miss styleee or I could just ask ;)

Cheers :D

Upvote 0
You'll find a guide here on how to change your icons using FolderOrganizer http://androidforums.com/desire-tips-tricks/168533-folderorganizer-beginners-guide.html

There are also other apps on the market which you can use to change icons (e.g Desktop Visualizer - Android app on AppBrain )

You can download various icon packs from the market or find icons from loads of websites. Download them as .png files.

i used desktop visualizer and does what it says on the tin
was also wondering if there was a way to make the icons a little bigger if there is i cant see it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones