• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to install the new Android Market

I'm going to have to wait to try the apk out. I can't hook my phone up to my work computer (don't have the cord with me) and I don't think I can download attachments from emails on my phone. Thanks, Goonie and motorsport for the help. I'll let y'all know if it works or not.
 
Unless you are going to use Astro to do it as an upgrade I'm fairly certain that you have to do the:

Code:
adb uninstall com.android.vending

step. You can't just remove the .apk file. If someone knows how to do uninstall from terminal that might help.

I know that when installing the froyo youtube app for eclair there was an adb uninstall step similar to this that had to be done.
 
This worked for me: Download file to computer, send to self via gmail. open in gmail app. Install with tattachapk installer. open. I didnt get any errors this way so I am assuming it worked properly.


Edit: for the people who don't have their usb handy, just e-mail the file to your own gmail. as long as you have tattachapkinstaller installed you can install just about anything.
 
Well darn it...I can't install the app without the market and I can't install the market with that app...I hate catch22's D;

Wait I thought the only problem you had with the adb instructions was that you didn't have your cord with you. Once you get the cord you should be able to continue with the terminal instructions I have listed in the first post.

Additionally if you followed the instructions I laid out you should have backed up your original vending.apk. If thats the case then simply do (from terminal as root, mount /system as rw).

Code:
busybox install /sdcard/archive/Vending.apk /system/app
 
yay! ok...got the old market back...going to download that apkinstaller app and try for the new market. Let y'all know as soon as I'm done how it turns out :]
 
Hi All.. I need your help...I have a motorola milestone.... which after buying I found that it does not contain the android market.... I researched a lot but cant find any specific method of installing market on my phone.
I have Astro file manager and I installed the com.android.vending.apk from Astro.
I can now go into market, select an app and click on Install. but after some time it says "process com.android.vending" has stopped unexpectedly.
On clicking the download status it shows that "starting download" - but nothing really gets downloaded.
Please help.......:(
 
Hi All.. I need your help...I have a motorola milestone.... which after buying I found that it does not contain the android market.... I researched a lot but cant find any specific method of installing market on my phone.
I have Astro file manager and I installed the com.android.vending.apk from Astro.
I can now go into market, select an app and click on Install. but after some time it says "process com.android.vending" has stopped unexpectedly.
On clicking the download status it shows that "starting download" - but nothing really gets downloaded.
Please help.......:(

did you do a factory reset
 
I had done factory reset.My phone never had the android market so I thought rooting it would allow me to get the market and I used the universal androot...what do i need to do now?
 
I had done factory reset.My phone never had the android market so I thought rooting it would allow me to get the market and I used the universal androot...what do i need to do now?

You need to find a milestone forum where they can help you. We all own the LG Ally and I am pretty sure no one here has experience with that device.
 
I had done factory reset.My phone never had the android market so I thought rooting it would allow me to get the market and I used the universal androot...what do i need to do now?
get a copy of the vending.apk for the d1 and try what the thread tells you here... heres the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UQ9MC8EU
if that doesn't work try the flash-able zip version...(flash it with rom manager...)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EX6MS8OY
if you cant get an app installed due to the fact you have no market try using the ac slideloader
http://forum.androidcentral.com/and...load-wonder-machine-windows-2.html#post406415
 
I installed new rom on my device . Then I installed Android Market and also add my google account. but there is a problem , it says : You must add an account to the device to continue. Do you want to add one now? and when I press yes nothing happens . only market closed.
please help.
android 2.3.4 drakaz on i7500
 
I installed new rom on my device . Then I installed Android Market and also add my google account. but there is a problem , it says : You must add an account to the device to continue. Do you want to add one now? and when I press yes nothing happens . only market closed.
please help.
android 2.3.4 drakaz on i7500


Way way waaaaay wrong place amigo, are you runnin CM7? did you install gapps?? Thats probably what youre missing. I dont have links, i think you can find links to gapps on the cyanogenmod site.
 
Okay this thread was posted for ever ago I'm wondering if anyone has any new information on how to update the new market on the lg ally. I found the new market APk but it force closes every time.
 
Back
Top Bottom