• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to keep an application continuouly running in memory?

gil_happy

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to keep a particular app continuously running in the background on my T-Mobile Galaxy S2. Here is what I'm trying to do - I have downloaded 'AlarmDroid' and have set my morning alarm. The problem is that the application must stay open in memory in order for the alarm to work. This means that if the list of 'Active applications' does not show 'AlarmDroid', or if the app is accidentally closed down by pressing 'Exit all', my alarm won't go off :-(

Does any know how to keep an app continuously running in memory even if the phone is rebooted, or the app is accidentally closed?

Thanks in advance!

There may be a way or app to do it but I'm not sure. Does AlarmDroid close when you reboot? I just use the plain ICS clock. It always stays in memory.

The reason the I want to use 'AlarmDroid' is that is supports waking up to online audio streams, i.e. radio stations.

I'm not so concerned about the rebooting part, but rather that it just stays in memory in the event that all the 'Active' apps get shut down.

Back
Top Bottom