• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to make fastboot files(img) from the recovery files((zip)?

decade

Does anyone know how to make fastboot files from recovery files of the ROM? My phone is not detecting the SD card so my only option is through fastboot to install the ROM.

when I unzip the recovery zip file it just has boot.img, META-INF folder and system folder.. isn't fastboot files usually has boot.img, recovery.img and system.img?

Yeah I see what you mean. I've extracted all of the img's you mentioned from factory roms but when trying to do the same on a custom rom, I'm running into the same thing. I will ask around.

Yeah so basically I was thinking of a rom.zip or update.zip type of situation. Its not applicable to custom roms, sorry.

hi
i have the same problem the phone is stuck on the lg logo any help?
revert to factory rom

first, download ur original rom in pc
second hold both power up and down button
then use volume button to navigate
choose fastboot;bootloader
connect ur phone through charger cable to pc
flash your original rom.

It's a bit of an old thread (last post more than a decade ago). Things have moved on since then, and these days the simple way of doing what the OP wanted (restore a recovery backup) would be to copy it to a USB drive and connect that to the phone. Thanks to USB-OTG your custom recovery can install a nandroid backup from USB storage, so no need to worry about trying to flash images using fastboot unless you actually want to revert to stock.

Back
Top Bottom