• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to make into a wi-fi hotspot?

barronlroth

Lurker
I have rooted my Droid 1, installed Cyanogen's 6.0 ROM, but I am baffled on how to make my phone into a wifi hotspot. :confused: Can somebody lead me into the write direction?

while yu cant use the droid one as a wifi hot spot, you can download wireless tether. this will allow you to connect one device at a time via your phones wifi.

while yu cant use the droid one as a wifi hot spot, you can download wireless tether. this will allow you to connect one device at a time via your phones wifi.

I haven't tested it, but it appears I can connect multiple devices to my Droid as a de facto hot spot. It appears as an 54 mbps ad-hoc wireless router on my network device list.

I think someone else said that he and his wife use the Droid as their router for internet access at the same time.

Of course, mine is having issues actually getting me to the internet at all...still fighting with it....

Cheers

my Droid appears as a router. I can log on with my laptop but it does not get the internet. I have made sure that Ad Hoc networks are okay and I have tried both with AC on and AC off on the wifi tether.
So...I am stumped.

I log on and get the WEP key entered fine...then no inter-webs.

Two things I've read in the past week that I didn't know;
The Droid doesn't like "N" routers (-luckily I don't always keep up with the Jones')
and the Droid doesn't like anything over 20 digits in the password. IIRC, that means WEP is your problem, no?

I am able to get my win7 PC to connect and work using WEP 13 digits.
my laptop which is a win95/XP upgrade slow POS will not connect to internet . It finds the network only when unsecured.
I have not tried any other device.

I talked to a fellow months back that does alot of Motocross traveling with family on his RV he was rootedat the time said he hotspoted all the kid's handhelds and momma's laptop.

Back
Top Bottom