• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to make my sim card work on gs4? help!!

khriztian704

May 14, 2012
ok so I just bought a galaxy s4 (used) and I want to be able to use it with my sim card that I currently have. is it possible? how do I do it?
ok I have Verizon droid rzr (with a sim card) but I use it with pageplus. I know Verizon phones work with pageplus... so I have my sim card from my droid but when I put it in my gs4 it won't work!!... any advice on how to make it work? ... do I need to still flash the phone ?? because I was told by friend and many people that it should work just put in the sim card and it should take it, but it does not!!... any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure it's just locked, and not actually carrier blacklisted? What happens when you insert the SIM, are you seeing any kind of error messages, like "SIM is locked" or "Insert correct SIM"? Which would indicate that it's just SIM or carrier locked, and can possibly be unlocked. But on the other hand if you're seeing things like "No service" or "Emergency calls only". Or it shows it has service, but when you try to make a call it's promptly disconnected. there's a very good chance it's blacklisted. And there's nothing you can do about that, except contact the vendor or the police(because it might be stolen property).

Upvote 0
well i dont get any sim error like "incorrect sim" or "sim locked".... what i get is"sim card has already been activated with phone number... ".. so when i try to make a call, the operator says " there was an error proccessing your call please powen down the phone and power back on and try again.... "

Upvote 0
well i dont get any sim error like "incorrect sim" or "sim locked".... what i get is"sim card has already been activated with phone number... ".. so when i try to make a call, the operator says " there was an error proccessing your call please powen down the phone and power back on and try again.... "

This is CDMA networks in the US, which I think means you can't just put the SIM in a different phone and expect it to work on your account. The phone's Mobile Equipment Identifier, MEID number has to be transferred or registered to the account associated with the SIM. It's not like GSM, where if the phone is unlocked, you can just swap phones and SIMs around. That's just a guess, I'm actually in China.

I don't know the procedure for registering, whether you can contact Pageplus and tell them to register the former Verizon phone's MEID on your account.

We got CDMA here, but it operates just like GSM, you can freely swap phones and SIMs around. Nothing is locked and you don't have to register MEIDs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones