• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to put WiMax RSA Keys (4G)

you have confirmed that you have lost your wimax keys?

unless you backed up your phone specific RSA keys with amon ra they are gone. you can't just dload a file and replace them.

please confirm that you have checked and they are in fact gone ....and not that you are simply having issues connecting for other reasons

Upvote 0
I am having the same issue. I have verified my keys are lost and I have no backup. I live in an area with 4g, is it time to cash in on my phones insurance? Is there any hope of restoring rsa keys in the near future?

I can't tell you what is right and wrong...or what to do in that situation. But many believe that if you made changes to your phone that caused the loss of those keys ...and you start talking insurance.....that convo typically is going to head in a direction that is not condoned here. (i.e. fraud)

I have not yet seen a method to restore the keys if they were not recorded...as they are specific to each phone.

you ran the terminal emulator script and there was no info at all?
did you run it multiple times with same result?

Upvote 0
Just looking over the Rooting for dummies page and was looking at Wimax RSA keys and was wondering how do I regain my 4G signal that I lost when I rooted my phone and also flash my ROM onto. I try the terminal emulator and It said I could with my ROM.(where do I get the Wimax file?)
Thanks for the help

Open up the stock rom PCIMG36.zip and look at what it has inside, you'll see a file called wimax.img. Assuming you made a nandroid backup as soon as you rooted, which has a wimax.img as well, you can just copy and paste it into the stock rom and flash it.

Or just restore the nandroid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones