• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to restore deleted videos?

fragit

Lurker
Hi and good day to you all.
I recently transferred some videos from my xpz to my pc, then when completed i deleted them from my xpz gallery.
When i tried to play them back it seems that 2 fairly important ones didnt copy so well - they play until a certain point then stop and i get the unplayable error from windows.
I have tried recuva to no avail as it doesn't recognise my xpz. and have found a few paid tools that claim to work but they are expensive!
Anyone know how to recover my videos please?:confused:

I have tried recuva to no avail as it doesn't recognise my xpz

Go into Settings/Xperia/USB Connectivity/USB connection mode and change it from the default MTP to MSC. When you next connect to your PC the storage volumes will be seen as basic removable drives, and Recuva should recognise them.

Thanks for this ^

It now shows D/ drive, but when i try to open it or recuva from it it says 'please insert disk'

Also, when i changed that option it showed a message on my xpz saying that only memory card can be used for mass storage; and I have no memory card, the videos i want back are stored on my xpz internal memory. (perhaps i should of mentioned this in op, sorry)

So anyway of recovering them from internal memory?

Thanks again for help so far

Back
Top Bottom