• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to root and instal Cyanogenmod 7 Tmobile Lg Mytouch e-739

Yep, another new dude.. I mave an E379 that I'd previously rooted. yesterday I did the steps in in this thread to the letter. after installing google apps and rebooting my phone won't get past the cyanogen animation.

-I can't do a hard reset, I've been trying for hours but still, it just sits at the animation.

-adb and fastboot won't detect my phone anymore either. I have all the current drivers and I could detect it prior to trying to mod it yesterday.

I used cm-9.0.0-e739.zip and gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

I've been googling this problem and the only solution I can seem to find is the hard reset, which doesn't work for me.

What are my options?? There's got to be a way to fix this!

Thanks!

you probably want gapps-ics-20120429 And you need to get into recovery. Look here halfway down the page the second set of instructions helped me http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php?4998-Root-CWM

Also If you want a really nice ics ROM you should try MyEzOs 3.0 by mysteryemotions

you probably want gapps-ics-20120429 And you need to get into recovery. Look here halfway down the page the second set of instructions helped me Root + CWM

Also If you want a really nice ics ROM you should try MyEzOs 3.0 by mysteryemotions

I've been trying variations of that scenario for two days.. none of them work. No matter what I do, I end up at the cyanogen9 animation screen.. apparently I can not get into reset, or recovery mode.

I'm beginning to think I should just take it in to T-mobile.. :confused:

I've been trying variations of that scenario for two days.. none of them work. No matter what I do, I end up at the cyanogen9 animation screen.. apparently I can not get into reset, or recovery mode.

I'm beginning to think I should just take it in to T-mobile.. :confused:

I don't know. Getting into recovery is definitely a pain I had sore fingers before I got it the first time. Maybe you could try this, I don't know for sure if it will help but here http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showt...-to-update-your-LG-mytouch-4g-(E739)-manually

I don't know. Getting into recovery is definitely a pain I had sore fingers before I got it the first time. Maybe you could try this, I don't know for sure if it will help but here [Tutorial][KDZ] How to update your LG mytouch 4g (E739) manually.

thanks dude.. the manual process didn't work, but further down the thread THIS is what finally got me into recovery mode! The steps here are a little different than I saw everywhere else.

still hosed, but at least I'm in recovery mode now.

-Pull battery, wait a few seconds, put battery back in.
- Push volume down then the power button immediately after.
- Hold for 3 seconds then press the menu and back soft keys on your devices screen
- Immediately let go of the power button only, after the LG logo appears on the screen.
- Wait about 5 seconds and the LG logo will blink out real fast. When this happens I release the 2 soft-keys (menu and back) but in this video he does not.
The timing is CRITICAL, and may take you a while to get it down.
(I personally had trouble remembering to release the power button immediately after the LG logo appeared and botched the process PLENTY of times lol)

Just to follow up. I ended up using cm-7.2.0-e739.zip , and gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip. that did work, no problems. Not sure why cm9 was hanging at the animation.

I'll try cm9 again when Have another free saturday ;) Thanks for the help!

Ok, I followed the instructions to root and install cm 7.2.0 and was sucessful. Then after 2 or 3 days phone went crazy missing calls texts ect. I started rom manager and went into recovery mode and It is hung up or locked up after rebooting into recovery and can't get it to shut down or finish. Am I bricked or what?

Thanks for all help.

jimmyboy007:rolleyes:

use vol up/down buttons to move around in recovery and power button to select. let me know if you're still having problems

Back
Top Bottom