• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to root the samsung transform ultra with a mac?

BHayes82

Lurker
Jan 6, 2015
mass
Hey from what I have found (and sorry I am a newbie), I need odin to root the samsung transform ultra. The link posted on the forum ( http://androidforums.com/transform-...wm-new-clockworkmod-fixed-no-2min-reboot.html) says odin cant be achieved using a mac. Well all I got is a mac. There is another option to 1. download the raw_image..zip, but this doesnt seem to work either? These are all old posts, so I wondering if times have changed? I'm really interested in learning how to flash roms, kernels, and unlock bootlader, etc. This is all new to me, so any help I get will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Thank you. Should I use vm to install linux so I can run linux and mac os on the same comp?

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been fighting off a nasty illness the past few days.

Unfortunately, your guess is as good as mine in regards to how to get Heimdall to work on your Mac. I've never owned an Apple PC, so I'm not familiar enough with them to be able to give you any helpful advice or pointers. However, I would guess that you're on the right track, because I know there are certain instances in Android development where a Linux machine is a necessity.

Upvote 0
Heimdall is a pain and often won't work on a Mac, regardless.

Instead, try to run the Windows program on the Mac directly -

http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/

Several have reported success with that.

It's been too long since I've used it to give tips but you can find it discussed in various forums here.
thank you for the reply and I will look into this for sure, thanks again

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones