• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to stop some of the lagging.

Prime85

Android Expert
First you will need to download an app called "android system info"

Once it has been downloaded open and go to the tasks tab, this will show you many running tasks (more then just going to running tasks in settings) Look through these and you will see many apps that are running in the background which will make you wonder why that app needs to be running when not in use.

When you find apps in the task menu that are using ram but you don't want running then delete them the normal way or if they are a system app (like facebook)

Once i did this my phone started going much faster with no lag.

some apps that were running for no reason that i got rid off:

Blood and Glory (game i never played but always ran in system memory for no reason at all)

facebook (why does facebook need to run in memory? i will just use browser)

Rhapsody ( changed to the cheaper plan when I realized it was running in the background when not in use. Plus it was horrible it never had the songs I wanted so it was like throwing my money away. Google music is much better)

and many others i cant recall.

The reason i put this in the all things root section is since some are system apps like Facebook and rhapsody

only delete what you don't need or use and be careful when deleting system apps, if its a system app and you dont know what it is then you probably shouldnt delete it.

:cool:

also make sure you exit out of the browser after use as well as the phandroid app.

Just a word of warning....I have been having problems with bluetooth in my car, specifically pairing the phone with the car, caused the phone to lock up. Finally, after a lot of searching on another board, for another phone, found out there is some functions of bluetooth that are tied into the stock music app.....I have not had problems with the phone with music frozen or deleted, unless pairing....as soon as I unfroze music, problem went away.....phone still laggy, though

Just a word of warning....I have been having problems with bluetooth in my car, specifically pairing the phone with the car, caused the phone to lock up. Finally, after a lot of searching on another board, for another phone, found out there is some functions of bluetooth that are tied into the stock music app.....I have not had problems with the phone with music frozen or deleted, unless pairing....as soon as I unfroze music, problem went away.....phone still laggy, though

I just ordered Bluetooth stereo headphones Friday when they come in I will look into this

Had a big problem with music app too. Deleted from system/app and the phone started acting super slow when trying to make a call having the Bluetooth on, as soon as I turned the Bluetooth off could make calls without any problem, restored the music apk and everything went ok again. There is something related between music app and Bluetooth.

Had a big problem with music app too. Deleted from system/app and the phone started acting super slow when trying to make a call having the Bluetooth on, as soon as I turned the Bluetooth off could make calls without any problem, restored the music apk and everything went ok again. There is something related between music app and Bluetooth.

I've delved into this area as well. However i'm not sure exactly what I did to fix it, but it didn't have anything to do with the stock music app from my experiences. I used an app called torque, and the dev warned me of a bluetooth bug related to pandora being installed as well. It seemed to happen when i connected to bluetooth then walked out of range from the phone (torque + the bluetooth OBDII adapter) Maybe it's just because I let the app shutdown first. As far as bluetooth audio i've never had that happen though, and I do walk away with that connected every single day when driving to work and listenting to pandora (with the car bluetooth option off inside the app)

It looks as though the stock music app has something to do with Bluetooth. When stock music app is frozen and the Bluetooth is on the phone will lag horribly and the Bluetooth stereo headset will not work properly once I unfroze the stock music app and restarted my phone everything worked perfectly. I don't know what it has to do with Bluetooth but do not freeze or delete the stock music app.

The stock music widget is OK to freeze/delete with no problems

Back
Top Bottom