• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[How to] update facebook contact pictures.

This shouldn't be the case. I have had a HTC Hero and it didn't do it. My g/f has an HTC wildfire and it updates them on its own pretty much instantly. I have a desire and I to have the same issue. Surely we shouldn't have to "force" update the profile pics?

Edit: Think I might have found out something. On the wildfire all contacts are saved to the phone. On my phone I only use the google contacts. Will check back to confirm if this works.

Upvote 0
I think I know why some Facebook profiles do not show up as a link with a picture. Many people have followed tutorials on how to lock down their Facebook privacy settings. You may want to ask your good friends to allow apps to see pictures and status updates.

1. on Facebook.com go to Account -> Privacy Settings
2. click the link "Edit your settings" at the bottom under "Applications and Websites"
3. click the button "Edit Settings" for "Info accessible through your friends"
4. check mark Bio, My status updates, and My photos
5. Save Changes

Reactions: Bruce33
Upvote 0
I tried both removing Facebook and adding it again AND SyncMyPix. They both worked on my Droid Pro. The only thing about removing FB and adding it again is that you have to re link pple (doesn't take too long) and you need to wait a bit for the contacts to load.. otherwise you'd think that not all your friends are showing up. I prefer SynMyPix though, it is much quicker and painless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones