• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How2 add phone Nos to Facebook synced contacts?

Ok - so I lost most of my contacts on update to 2.1. BUT - there is this facebook sync thing that looks really cool.

I tried this, and now, opening my Phonebook shows all my facebook friends with their facebook profile pic, and number (if they have entered one on facebook). Sweet! Less work for me!

BUT - a lot of my facebook friends do not put their number on their profile, so I need to add the number for these Phonebook contacts. However, there seems to be no way of adding a phone number for them; and these people do not appear when I want to select a contact to send a text to? What is that all about? How do you add phone numbers to contacts that were synced in through facebook, so you can then select them when you want to call or text them?

Thanks...

you can "link" actual contact (phonebook) with facebook profile
right in the "phonebook" from the x10 (i think new to 2.1)
just make sure you have the same name on facebook and in the phonebook

long press on one and select "link" or "join" and then go select the contact you want to join with

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones