• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Aria 4g?

markubiak

Lurker
Hi, I'm new.
About me, I've been an HTC Aria user for the past 6 months.
I AM NOT rooted :( (stupid froyo)
So, to the story.
I am almost completely out of internal memory on my Aria, and started to browse my phone via FTP to see if I could find anything helpful.
I stumbled upon a folder in /system/etc called WiMax. I knew that was 4g, and took a look. It contained a file called wimaxDchp.conf.
So i downloaded it, and here it is...

# dhcpcd configuration for Android WiMAX interface
# See dhcpcd.conf(5) for details.

interface wimax0
# dhcpcd-run-hooks uses these options.
option subnet_mask, routers, domain_name_servers

Could the Aria have 4g hardware and we not know it?
So I googled. I found the best buy slipup with the Aria displaying 4g on one of it's magazines. This may have not been photoshopped, just and old picture. I encourage someone with more knowledge than me to look into this and see what happens when you change that setting to 1.
​
 
Welcome to the Android Forums!

My guess is no... the Aria has a 3G radio in it. Phone manufacturers are typically run by their bean counters and to install a 4G radio in a 3G phone would be a rather expensive and frivolous gesture on HTC's part.

Moving thread to the HTC Aria support forum...

Aria - Support and Troubleshooting - Android Forums
 
Back
Top Bottom