• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Desire Problem

grjamal

Aug 8, 2012
I have HTC Desire
I update it from 2.2 to 2.33. Now I was trying to update it again but when I press Vu down key and Power it didn't go to recovery mode as I want to know about HTBoot please kindly help me in this regard.

secondly I want to root my cell after that.

and thirdly when I want to install any software from market it download but dont go for installation.

Volume down when booting never takes you to recovery. It takes you to hboot, and you select recovery from the hboot menu. But stock recovery isn't much use - what did you want it to do?

Once you have 2.3 there is no further update without root.

To root you will need to use Revolutionary. Go to the All Things Root forum and read the guide in the All Things Root Guide sticky post, also the rooting faq. Make sure you know what you are doing and why before proceeding - if unsure ask first.

Reactions: grjamal
Upvote 0
Are the volume down and power keys working separately (i.e. can they turn the volume down/power the phone off)?

If they are, then you must be doing something wrong. So let's be absolutely explicit about the instructions. You power the phone off. Then you boot it while pressing the volume down key. Don't let go of volume button until the white hboot screen appears.

If the volume key works normally, that procedure should take you to hboot.

If the key is broken then let us know, but I generally recommend getting the key fixed before rooting.

Reactions: grjamal
Upvote 0
yes The keys works Separately. I press Vul Down Key and then Power key and no white screen appear. Again I press it for about 1 Minute but nothing happen
let me give you software information.
android 2.33
Baseband : 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23
Kernal Version :
2.6.35.10-g3f43272 htc-kernal@and18-2#1 Tue jun 14 21:11 23 CST 2011
Build Number : 3.14.405.1 CL96875 release-keys
Software number:
Browser Version: Webkit/533.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones