• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc desire web browser

Hi guys new to the HTC desire. Originally an iPhone user but glad I made the change to the other side.
Anyhow I'd like to share a problem with you and I hope I can get some good feedback from you guys.
My problem relates to the web browser that is shipped with the phone. On a daily basis I use my internet banking with (lloyds tsb .
If I connect to this using WiFi all is well but 9 times out of 10 when I need to use my internet banking I've not got WiFi,so I can only use either 3g,gprs;edge or hsdpa ,but this is where my problem starts. I can navigate to lloydsstsb.co.UK fine and select personal banking but soon as I imputed my password and username and select log in the web page just hangs then eventually stops,iv never managed yet to log in using the phones internet connection.
O2 have told me all the settings are fine there end.
This really annoys me that I can't get at my internet banking,my old iPhone could do this but why not the desire ?

Any help will be great
cheers

Thanks for the quick reply, Yeh I was told to try opera by HTC technical but I really don't like opera. Yes it does work so its a work around for now but ideally I would rather the default browser to work. Is there a way of making a short cut to the website using opera on my on-screen ?
Cheers

I don't use Opera but you should be able to long press on the screen, add shorcut, then add bookmark. So long as Android has Opera as your default browser then that should work.

Back
Top Bottom