• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire Z wont turn back on

Hey guys, I need some help.

So I looked around a little, and I couldnt find anyone having the same problem as me.

I was using my Desire Z, then I decided to update all my un-updated apps. It was only about 8-10 apps that were updating. I was also downloading that app killer thing, not sure of the name any more.

So I kept hearing my phone start up, went over to it, it was continuously rebooting itself. I took out the battery and restarted, then I had around 20 seconds to use it before it froze. I was halfway through un-installing the app killer app (because I felt it had caused the problem) then the phone froze and I could do nothing but take out the battery.

Now it doesnt start up, respond to the charger cable (from USB and from mains power) or respond the the hard reset (volume down + power I think?)

So what should I do? I'm going into O2 tomorrow to see if they can help, but Im fearing having to send it to HTC to get repaired/replaced. I cant really afford much if this is going to cost a lot, my money is kinda tight atm, so this really sucks.

Any help is appreciated.

Probably too late now, but sometimes removing the battery for 30mins or so then restarting can work. Tbh I'm not sure what has happened; the continuous reboot loop sounds like an app caused one of Android's core services/process to force-close.

Back
Top Bottom