• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC-desireZ strange behavior

Phooey43

Lurker
Android 2.2, USB 3.0.0017, firmware 1.34.708.3 CL 273326 release key.

The phone has been working fine, since I bought it January 2012. Lately, I have experienced that the Sync V 3.0 doesn't work and many times when I start my computer, it tells me that a new update is available but every time it's the same *.exe file from the HTC directory. I use Win 7 Pro, and Chrome.

Reading various forums, different updates are mentioned but I have never received any notices.

Any help around. Thanks in advance

Have you tried reinstalling the offered update? Even if it is the same, which seems unlikely if you're being told it's an update, reinstalling may solve the issue of Sync not working.

Slug, several times. In fact I just installed the latest update V3.0.5606 and still it does not work properly.

I.E. now I can Sync but it appears that a lot is left out, especially my bookmarks. In the seetings it is pointing to my main folder with bookmarks but it does not sync.

Moreover, I have serious problems with music.
Recently, I switched from Itunes to Windows MP. I have deleted itunes and all the playlist. When syncing it only shows the main WMP file and not the playlists I have created in WMP, hence when syncing it tries to copy all of my music which naturally exceeds the storage capacity.

Wish I could help more but my handset doesn't currently have an HTC ROM on it so I've no Sync capability.

With regards to WMP, the playlists you have created aren't visible under Playlists in the left-hand navigation pane?

Back
Top Bottom