• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help htc explore won't start n unable to update

htc explorer A310e stuck eith whitw screen

• htc explorer start

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • htc explorer update RUU

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

airade

Lurker
Dec 21, 2015
Hi!
I have htc explorer a310e
pico pvt ship s-on RL
HBOOT- 1.03.0000
RADIO- 1.11.82.17
nov 29, 2011 , 17:10:06

It was working fine exept internal memory problem so, according to article, i able to unlock boot loader n root my phone safely. but during changing some option in "link2sd"
, some gone wrong n my memory card & it stops reading. so i go for factory reset n format card. But at this process my phone unable to reset safely. It stuck in white screen with green htc logo. I have done many things including recovery option in in bootloader mode, try to install RUU file through win 7 but it shows some type of error, when i go for "install zip from sd card" it shows verifation error n update aborted.
Please anyone can help me ASAP.
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to our AndroidForums, @airade.

Just a wild guess here on my part but perhaps try removing the SD card from your device and then booting it (I'm remembering having read something like this a long while back).

Also, we have an HTC Explorer root area here at AF:

There may be threads and/or folks in there that might be able to help you out.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Do you have a custom recovery? If so I'm guessing you didn't take a backup using that before messing with Link2SD, but if you did then just go into recovery and restore it.

What zip are you trying to install from sd? Custom ROM requires custom recovery (the HTC recovery will only install official signed updates). Conversely an RUU zip is installed by the hboot not recovery (you have to place it in the root directory of the sd card and give it a specific name, which varies with the phone model). The two types of zip are completely different, so it's important to use the right procedure for each.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones