• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Htc hero is too slow!!!

I have a mac and I have the very same issue with my phone. Everything is so slow. I have tried shutting the phone off and on, i do have a task killer, and still for some reason it lags badly. I don't know how to do the update because I too have a mac. I read below about virtual box, and I am not quite savvy here not sure what steps I need to do to update my phone..Advice please? thanks!!!

My HTC Hero is quite new and it barely has many applications on it, yet it is unbearably slow.

If the alarm comes on, it takes a long time to turn off once I've pressed the button, like a really delayed reaction.

When someone phones me, the button flashes but it takes about 30 seconds before the ringtone or the picture shows up on the screen to tell me who is calling.

It sometimes asks me to 'Force Quit' if I try and open anything.

The 'Date Syncronisation' symbol at the top shows often.

When I try and make a call, it is a delayed reaction before it allows the call to process and begin to ring someone. I think that this is really bad in a situation if I am in a rush and I need to call someone!

When I type a text message, the buttons are too slow once pressed. So if I try and type a word, it often reacts slowly and will miss out half the letters that I have typed and then will not recognise the word to use the predictive text.

I am becoming infuriated with this phone and I have no idea whatelse I can do with it to solve the problem. I would rather not reboot it because I don't want to lose anything from the phone and rebooting should not have to be the only option!

Someone please help before I throw this phone!

Upvote 0
I have a mac and I have the very same issue with my phone. Everything is so slow. I have tried shutting the phone off and on, i do have a task killer, and still for some reason it lags badly. I don't know how to do the update because I too have a mac. I read below about virtual box, and I am not quite savvy here not sure what steps I need to do to update my phone..Advice please? thanks!!!

You should be getting the 2.1 update over the air anytime now which is far quicker than the 1.5 firmware. So if I was you I'd wait for that or go down the custom ROM root which is the same process on Windows/Mac/Linux.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones